The Beer Thread

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Re: The Beer Thread

Post by lukethedrifter »

33anda3rd wrote:Here we go: Kate wrote up a report for GBH. Reportedly prices as low as a hundred million had been floated.
Not low enough to sink Constellation?

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

Constellations market cap is like 35 billion. They own stuff ranging from Robert Mondavi to Modelo. Writing off nine hundred mil isn't sinking them.

Gashouse
Perennial All-Star

Post by Gashouse »

probably said this before but sierra nevada celebration ale is easily my favorite seasonal. I see it in the store and I start to sing to myself "It's the most wonderful time of the year!"

Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

Gashouse wrote:probably said this before but sierra nevada celebration ale is easily my favorite seasonal. I see it in the store and I start to sing to myself "It's the most wonderful time of the year!"
My favorites are Southern Tier's 2XMAS and Great Lake's Christmas Ale. Other notable ones I like are Boulevard's Nutcracker Ale and Sam Adams' Old Fezziwig.

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

I like it when busch light comes in the orange hunting cans during deer season

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

There are a lot of good "heavy" winter seasonals that are good, but you get worn out after one. I try a few each year and enjoy most of them, only going out of my way to purchase a couple six'ers of Great Lakes and usually a six'er or two of Shiner Cheer (lighter and sweeter, but good).

The Sam Adams Winter Lagers always go down smooth, and I typically stock up on a couple of 12 packs to last through the year.

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

I do like that a lot of breweries do coffee stouts/porters during the winter, so I stock up on a lot of those this time of year as well.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

Side Project of St. Louis is 2nd ranked brewery in the nation (per ratebeer.

Also, I haven't been geeking out on craft beer lately, (I get some 4hands or Sierra Nevada at Walgreens or Mobil). Thus. I am in my rights to laugh at the Craft Beer Cellar (local franchise craft beer shop) now has lockers for people to trade and exchange beers.

My lawd, it has gone full-on on dungeons and dragons.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Urban Chestnut barons said they used a pre-Prohibition recipe to create the Pilsner-style brew with an alcohol content of 4.5%. It will be sold in 16-ounce cans.

The special edition goes on sale March 16 at bars, restaurants and Busch Stadium. It also will be available in grocery and liquor stores in four-packs.

Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

Swirls wrote:
December 11 19, 8:26 am
Gashouse wrote:probably said this before but sierra nevada celebration ale is easily my favorite seasonal. I see it in the store and I start to sing to myself "It's the most wonderful time of the year!"
My favorites are Southern Tier's 2XMAS and Great Lake's Christmas Ale. Other notable ones I like are Boulevard's Nutcracker Ale and Sam Adams' Old Fezziwig.
In re-reading this, I can't believe I forgot two of my absolute all time favorites. Troeg's Mad Elf Ale and Sam Adams' Gingerbread Stout.