GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently September 19 19, 3:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2596 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 256, 257, 258, 259, 260
 Post subject: Re: The Beer Thread
PostPosted: September 4 19, 7:13 am 
Single A Minor League Player

Weihenstephaner Hefeweizen. Best wheat beer I've ever had. :)

PostPosted: September 4 19, 8:33 am 
Perennial All-Star

It's been way too long (stupid keto diet that works, LOL) but along those lines, I particularly loved Franziskaner.

PostPosted: September 4 19, 9:47 am 
Replies Authoritatively

angine wrote:

Yeah, I've long felt there's really no reason to buy an American craft hefe when you can pick from this, Schneider Weiss Tap 7, Ayinger Brau-Weisse. It's like yeah that's cool that this is local and is a B+ but there are beers available that are perfect and have been made the same for 400+ years.

Beers like this are what stuff like Blue Moon or Allagash White want to be but fail to hit the mark on .

PostPosted: September 4 19, 10:07 am 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Oktoberfests are back. !!

PostPosted: September 4 19, 10:31 am 
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

33anda3rd wrote:
angine wrote:

Yeah, I've long felt there's really no reason to buy an American craft hefe when you can pick from this, Schneider Weiss Tap 7, Ayinger Brau-Weisse. It's like yeah that's cool that this is local and is a B+ but there are beers available that are perfect and have been made the same for 400+ years.

Beers like this are what stuff like Blue Moon or Allagash White want to be but fail to hit the mark on .

Yeast dominates in hefe’s, and American brewers just don’t have access to the strains the Bavarian brewers have developed over hundreds of years.

The most accurate American hefe I have had is from Frankenmuth Brewery (“The Hefe”). Others are fine to drink, but they just aren’t the same.

PostPosted: September 4 19, 11:56 am 
Replies Authoritatively

Popeye_Card wrote:
33anda3rd wrote:
angine wrote:

Yeast dominates in hefe’s, and American brewers just don’t have access to the strains the Bavarian brewers have developed over hundreds of years.

The most accurate American hefe I have had is from Frankenmuth Brewery (“The Hefe”). Others are fine to drink, but they just aren’t the same.

My sentiments exactly. They're fine, but why settle for fine when you can have world-class?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2596 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 256, 257, 258, 259, 260