Toddler's Online Curriculum

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Toddler's Online Curriculum

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Is anyone aware of a good online program/website/etc to help 3 years old with counting, writing, etc? My 7 year old has plenty of work through his school to keep him busy, but I am really struggling to get the 3 year old up to speed. In particular we're having a lot of trouble counting from 10 to 20 and just in general writing a letter or number or shape....

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Re: Toddler's Online Curriculum

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

I don't know about this specifically, unfortunately. Check out PBS Kids website.

I've been frustrated with the offerings from our schools--though it may get better when we get access to a couple of the systems.

Two things I'm using for an older kid are Raz-Kids for reading and a Mo Willems Doodle class on YouTube. I also ordered a grade level curriculum book off Amazon he's working through.

I'm looking for some fun-ish math stuff on the computer if anyone has suggestions.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

Freed Roger

Post by Freed Roger »

I know your kid is smart so here's the good stuff

Freed Roger

Post by Freed Roger »

Two hands are better than one. Valuable lesson for Little AW and all.

Freed Roger

Post by Freed Roger »

Survival skills, never too young.

Freed Roger

Post by Freed Roger »

My daughter is taking online HS now - so a different scenario. She has some college credit level courses (English, Spanish. Chemistry) that are no joke - and hard to grasp without a teacher available in normal format. Spanish is ok, she is fine there. English, the course load is heavier without class time. Chemistry - if she can't grasp something there, well it is tough, as you can imagine.

I read an article somewhere about all the things parents got wrong the first week of home school. I believe it included trying too hard to make it like actual school. Regimented. And then the other extreme - let them fend for themselves.

Anyways -as far as framework , I'm sensing helping your kid home school - you have to blend some structure, but take advantage of what you know about your kid and how they learn, and utilize it. Let them sleep in if they are a teen, because that is probably better for their learning anyway.

Or I sense my daughter is along the lines of a self-learner - the learning curve is flat for a while but once she gets it - it goes straight up. I'm reminding her of this with her Chemistry class - to keep at it, because figuring something out on your own will be ingrained way more than something filtering in, in a class. But getting that upward arc started in chemistry will be the challenge.

AW, you wanted some toddler curriculum - which I don't have - except that Betty White storyline stuff - it's [expletive] gold. But I do have a lot of theoretical BS for ya. :wink: good luck man. Have fun.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

How are your screentime rules doing? Ours caught Coronavirus and died real fast. One of the first casualties of this pandemic.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

We go for a couple walks a day and make the kids run/walk for ~1 mile. Make them do their work. The rest of the time they're free to watch phones/ipads/movies/etc. I only have so much time/energy. And, yeah, that tends to keep them entertained which is helpful.

Appreciate all the tips guys.