NSBB

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

NSBB

Post by lukethedrifter »

Just stopped over at North Side Baseball and read a few threads. It's kind of fun that the Redbirds haunt Cub fans like they do.

Bo Hart
Perennial All-Star

Re: NSBB

Post by Bo Hart »

On the contrary, I don't like going there at all anymore because of that. It used to be a nice place to go to see what the other end of the spectrum was thinking, but its borderline unbearable to me. A ridiculous percentage of the active users harp the same stupid "Cards are lucky and are equipped with magic pixie dust!" mantra in every Cardinal-related post and in every Cardinal-oriented topic that it just drives me nuts.

I didn't go there steadily at all for months, but I started to the last couple of days. After my experience, it looks like I'll be staying away again for a while.

And for the record, I think that have a lot of bright, intelligent people that post there. By no means am I saying the whole place sucks. But, overall, it genuinely has a Cards-talk aura to it for me. A lot of the users legitimately suck that badly.

GatewaySnayke
Hall Of Famer

Post by GatewaySnayke »

Seems like the majority of them are good people. But they have far more rotten apples than our bunch. And I say "far more" because I don't think we have any.

Wekse5
Everyday Player

Post by Wekse5 »

i want half the people that post over there to die.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Well it was my first time over there. Still I wasn't just referring to the Cards-are-lucky posters but to the I-desperately-want-the-Cards-to-go-away-because-I-know-that-somehow-they-are-gonna-win-the-NLCentral-and-they-haunt-my-every-waking-hour posters.

ThatGuy
Perennial All-Star

Post by ThatGuy »

It's amusing every now and then to see what they've got to say, but I'm with Kyle on this one. I enjoy being a fan of the vastly more successful team ( :twisted: ), but as a result it's usually better just to avoid little brother's more obnoxious fans.

dangerous
Perennial All-Star

Post by dangerous »

I wish we had better Cubs fans here.

Cole Burns
Perennial All-Star

Post by Cole Burns »

Kyle wrote:A ridiculous percentage of the active users harp the same stupid "Cards are lucky and are equipped with magic pixie dust!" mantra in every Cardinal-related post and in every Cardinal-oriented topic that it just drives me nuts.
I've heard that from Reds fans a little, too. Let's see if we can disect other NL Central fans' response to the Cardinals...

Cubs - "Cards are just lucky."
Astros - "We're just as good as the Cards, maybe even better. Never mind our records over the last ten years."
Reds - "Duncan makes me sick. Our minor league system is so much better than yours, just wait till next year."
Brewers - "We're closing in on you."
Pirates - "Wait, we're in the same division as the Cardinals? Since when?"

Transmogrified Tiger
Puppy Murderer

Post by Transmogrified Tiger »

dangerous wrote:I wish we had better Cubs fans here.
Much love.

IMO, NSBB has reached a size where the noise is starting to drown out what's good.

ThatGuy
Perennial All-Star

Post by ThatGuy »

Do Pirates fans still hate LaRussa for the All-Star Game incident?