Brand loyalty

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Re: Brand loyalty

Post by Famous Mortimer »

Having bounced around different shoe people for some years, a pair of Merrell Wraiths, bought for me by my friends before I moved here, have made an instant convert out of me. Insanely comfortable, and having worn them every day for several months, still look as good as new. I might buy a pair of their more heavy-duty walking boots too.

Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

Merrell is a solid brand. My next pair of walking/casual hiking shoes will likely be a pair of Merrells. I have a pair of waterproof Vasque hiking boots that I have worn the hell out of the past few years. Been pretty pleased with them.

There should be a thread here somewhere about "sensible trekking shoes" and Merrell is heavily featured in that. I would link to it myself, but I am on my phone right now.

EDIT: found the link

Tambourine Man
accepts no jimitators

Post by Tambourine Man »

On jim's recommendation, I bought a pair of his Maui sunglasses (impulse buy). And then promptly left them at my buddy's place 10 miles away. So the Dollar Tree specials are getting a nice workout now. FML. I'll get'em back this week, but I'm not driving too far w/no AC in the car.

My biggest brand loyalty is Adidas by a fair distance.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Pepsi over Coke. Ford over Chevy. Converse over Nike. Hanes over FOTL.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

Honda and Toyota

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

Patagonia & REI - good [expletive].

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

Since this thread led me so well to two pairs of Ariats, I'll ask for some more recommendations. Anyone know of a good quality brand of soft black/charcoal black leather shoes? I know Allen Edmonds is a name, and I'll check their local store out soon, but looking for other ideas. Nothing really saturated or shiny black. Soft, blended colors look best on me.

Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

JCShutout wrote:Since this thread led me so well to two pairs of Ariats, I'll ask for some more recommendations. Anyone know of a good quality brand of soft black/charcoal black leather shoes? I know Allen Edmonds is a name, and I'll check their local store out soon, but looking for other ideas. Nothing really saturated or shiny black. Soft, blended colors look best on me.
I was gonna actually mention Ariat as an option, as they have some semi-casual/dressy pull on boots (the Spot Hog), but it looks like they're only available in tan and beige. :(

haltz
Hall Of Famer

Post by haltz »

Shoe or boot? I have a pair of eccos that I really like that are more like leather tennis shoes or loafers