Brand loyalty

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Re: Brand loyalty

Post by IMADreamer »

I've become a Duluth trading fanboy. Their underwear are so comfy to work in, and I just ordered some armachillo shirts as well. Can't wait to try them.

Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

IMADreamer wrote:I've become a Duluth trading fanboy. Their underwear are so comfy to work in, and I just ordered some armachillo shirts as well. Can't wait to try them.
We have 3 stores of theirs within a 30 minute drive of our house. Between them for clothes and Duke Cannon for grooming products, my "manly man" status in our household of two is slowly increasing.

Transmogrified Tiger
Puppy Murderer

Post by Transmogrified Tiger »

I have a Duluth store nearly within walking distance, I bought several pairs of their socks to see if I might phase those in instead of the Darn Tough ones I've used for years. Was disappointed they started unraveling inside after following care directions in 1-2 uses. Might try them again for something else, but it might need to be specific because I've had good luck with clothes from say, Target, and when the Duluth stuff is 50-100% more and I can't count on a quality distinction, it's a tough sell.

That's not to crap on DTC or discourage others, they're well regarded and I'm sure my case was as much bad luck as anything. Just a bummer to get excited about using them for a lot of stuff and be let down at Step 1.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

Transmogrified Tiger wrote:I have a Duluth store nearly within walking distance, I bought several pairs of their socks to see if I might phase those in instead of the Darn Tough ones I've used for years. Was disappointed they started unraveling inside **after following care directions in 1-2 uses.
Balega for when I am bucking up for quality socks, (which is pretty much all my socks now).

Partial to the quarter socks length. I don't even own hiking boots anymore, just trail runners- have a few pair of cheapie full size socks that use sometimes in the cold.

Socks that I had bad luck with are Wright Socks. They don't last.

*Socks have care instructions?

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

All my underthings are wool these days. Pay extra, fit better, last longer, no stink.

Mostly smartwool.

Transmogrified Tiger
Puppy Murderer

Post by Transmogrified Tiger »

Freed Roger wrote:
Transmogrified Tiger wrote:I have a Duluth store nearly within walking distance, I bought several pairs of their socks to see if I might phase those in instead of the Darn Tough ones I've used for years. Was disappointed they started unraveling inside **after following care directions in 1-2 uses.
Balega for when I am bucking up for quality socks, (which is pretty much all my socks now).

Partial to the quarter socks length. I don't even own hiking boots anymore, just trail runners- have a few pair of cheapie full size socks that use sometimes in the cold.

Socks that I had bad luck with are Wright Socks. They don't last.

*Socks have care instructions?
Since they're wool, how you wash them makes a difference. In this case I wasn't doing anything more than abrasive than what they suggested, which might have been the cause of the failure. Oh well. I do still like the Darn Toughs though, since then I've doubled down on those, they hold up very well and despite being wool are fine to wash cold and even put through the dryer.

IMADreamer

Post by IMADreamer »

Transmogrified Tiger wrote:I have a Duluth store nearly within walking distance, I bought several pairs of their socks to see if I might phase those in instead of the Darn Tough ones I've used for years. Was disappointed they started unraveling inside after following care directions in 1-2 uses. Might try them again for something else, but it might need to be specific because I've had good luck with clothes from say, Target, and when the Duluth stuff is 50-100% more and I can't count on a quality distinction, it's a tough sell.

That's not to crap on DTC or discourage others, they're well regarded and I'm sure my case was as much bad luck as anything. Just a bummer to get excited about using them for a lot of stuff and be let down at Step 1.

Hate to hear that about their socks. I've never tried them. I generally use Carhardt socks.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Smartwool. Wool workout drawers don’t get that funk. At all. Everyday boxer briefs are the most comfortable. Again, no stank. Socks stay fresh long time.

Outerknown. Great looking, high quality, environmentally friendly.

IMADreamer

Post by IMADreamer »

lukethedrifter wrote:Smartwool. Wool workout drawers don’t get that funk. At all. Everyday boxer briefs are the most comfortable. Again, no stank. Socks stay fresh long time.

Is this an online thing only? I don't have a big selection of Smartwool here in Pawdunk, but I am going to try some if I can get my hands on it. I'm thinking this winter it might be nice to work in.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

IMADreamer wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:Smartwool. Wool workout drawers don’t get that funk. At all. Everyday boxer briefs are the most comfortable. Again, no stank. Socks stay fresh long time.

Is this an online thing only? I don't have a big selection of Smartwool here in Pawdunk, but I am going to try some if I can get my hands on it. I'm thinking this winter it might be nice to work in.
Retail places and online. Really nice not just for winter though. Wool tech has come a long way plus some are blends. Example: i wear smartwool work socks and underwear year round plus 150 line is great for layering or warmer weather.

https://www.smartwool.com/utility/store-locator.html

Looks like J’Ville and Q town near you.