September 11, 2001

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Spider John
Hall Of Famer

September 11, 2001

Post by Spider John »

BenNX74205
All-Star

Re: September 11, 2001

Post by BenNX74205 »

TabascoElvis
Perennial All-Star

Post by TabascoElvis »

M&M played that this morning on ESPN. Fitting tribute for the day.

cards2468
Hall Of Famer

Post by cards2468 »

Hard to believe it was so long ago. There's plenty of kids out there probably reading about it in their textbooks and they were way too young to know what was going on when it happened, and not long there will be kids reading about it that weren't even alive yet.

2 years ago at my school for 9/11 they brought it the dad of a guy I played baseball with to speak to us. In 2001 they were living in New Jersey and the dad worked in the towers. On 9/11/01 he was in 1 of the towers when they came down and survived. He had very moving words to say.

BenNX74205
All-Star

Post by BenNX74205 »

cards2468 wrote:Hard to believe it was so long ago. There's plenty of kids out there probably reading about it in their textbooks and they were way too young to know what was going on when it happened, and not long there will be kids reading about it that weren't even alive yet.
My wife coaches the freshman cheerleading squad for the high school she teaches at. We were up at the school yesterday because there was a freshman football game, and we were talking about how "tomorrow" (today) was 9/11, and what the school had planned for remembrance. Then we realized the girls she coaches were 6 or 7 years old when 9/11 occurred. It was definitely a jarring thought.

I've been watching MSNBC for the last hour and a half--they've been replaying the entire live uncut coverage from 9/11/2001 in its entirety. I was in undergrad and in class and my professors didn't stop class, so I had no idea what was going on. There were some whispers from people in my class, but by the time I got back to my dorm room both towers were down. This is the first time I've seen this footage in an almost "live" situation, and seeing the plane hit the second tower live............it's still scary.

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

I can't watch footage from that day. I never want to see the planes hitting those towers again. It's too painful.

Hudler
All-Star

Post by Hudler »

I remember getting ready to go to work that morning and sitting there,with one shoe on for over 2 hours and not being able to stop watching the news coverage.

cardsfansince82
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.

Post by cardsfansince82 »

It's all Hulk Hogan's fault.

Simbagal23
All-Star

Post by Simbagal23 »

heyzeus wrote:I can't watch footage from that day. I never want to see the planes hitting those towers again. It's too painful.
Me either. Or the footage from inside the towers that Benx mentions. I watched that the first time it aired.....and I can't watch it again. Makes me too sad......I do send my good friend in NYC an email every year on this day, just to let her know I remember and I'm thinking about her. She told me that she can just now start taking long showers without fear and recently stopped sleeping fully dressed (in preparation of another attack and having to flee the city). :(