movies

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
go birds
-go birds

Re: movies

Post by go birds »

bill dewitt III make his acting debut?

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Arctic. I saw it.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

The day is nearly here you [expletive]

Goes without saying; NSFW language

By the way that expletive up there rhymes with sock tuckers.

Smith Corks One
All-Star

Post by Smith Corks One »

So I hadn't gone out to see a moving picture in an actual movie house in at least a year, no cap. My cousin and his wife were in town from Colorado and asked us to go see this Godzilla movie with them, so we said sure.

Stupidest [expletive] movie I've ever seen. What a ridiculous [expletive] [expletive] show.

On the plus side, we ate this joint called Salt and Smoke. It was pretty good.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

Doctor Sleep, a sequel to The Shining. I had no idea this was even in the works.

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

stlouie_lipp wrote:Doctor Sleep, a sequel to The Shining. I had no idea this was even in the works.

Skeptical but that's the guy who directed Hush and the Haunting of Hill House series, and I loved both of them.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

Hush was good but HHH fell flat on its face imo.

Watched the trailer and am i the only one who is NOT intrigued by this? I'll still see it but the trailer does absolutely nothing for me.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

stlouie_lipp wrote:Final trailer for Godzilla. Been a long time since I've been this hyped to go to the theater.

Went to see this today and I was entertained.

JoeMcKim
Perennial All-Star

Post by JoeMcKim »

stlouie_lipp wrote:
stlouie_lipp wrote:Final trailer for Godzilla. Been a long time since I've been this hyped to go to the theater.

Went to see this today and I was entertained.

I saw it a few weeks ago, as long as you don't take the movie super serious it delivers what you expect it to.

Arthur Dent
Hall Of Famer

Post by Arthur Dent »

Michael wrote:
Swirls wrote:I watched Behind The Curve on Netflix, a documentary on the Flat Earth Society and the fact that there are apparently millions of people who still believe this crap.
This is a really underrated doc. It focuses on flat eathers, but it's really about why people believe in conspiracies in the first place. The parallels with other more mainstream conspiracy mongers and their belivers is on point. The directors did a pretty good ama here.

Also, the final scene in this doc is amazing. It broke my brain.
Late to the party, but this is fantastic. Fittingly, some of the stuff captured is just so perfect that I found myself thinking it must be some kind of Waiting for Guffman deal, you know part of the conspiracy to throw me off.

The characters are so great, and the whole thing is wonderfully not judgmental while also hilariously so. Mark Seargeant seems all but self-aware he’s doing this because he just finds the experience appealing.