movies

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Re: movies

Post by pioneer98 »

Michael wrote:Fun fan theory:

I still have yet to see Snowpiercer but it does not surprise me. The formula of Wonka has been copied a million times. The Polar Express was pretty open about copying it. But once you look around, you see more and more that roughly follow the outline of Wonka.

JoeMcKim
Perennial All-Star

Post by JoeMcKim »

Saw Creed II last night, it was soooo good. They were able to keep everything fresh and really nailed the whole Drago vs. Creed storyline. Definitely recommend it to anyone.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

Outlaw King on netflix is unforgivably boring.

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

JoeMcKim wrote:Saw Creed II last night, it was soooo good. They were able to keep everything fresh and really nailed the whole Drago vs. Creed storyline. Definitely recommend it to anyone.
we are going this weekend. Glad to hear it's good.

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

Michael wrote:Outlaw King on netflix is unforgivably boring.
Has Netflix released any good movies? Seems like they take all of the feature-length stuff that studios don’t want to release in theaters.

Schlich
Don't tone police me bro!

Post by Schlich »

Popeye_Card wrote:
Has Netflix released any good movies? Seems like they take all of the feature-length stuff that studios don’t want to release in theaters.
beasts of no nation was pretty awesome

the kindergarten teacher looks hokey in an oscar-bait kinda way but i'll still probably watch it and it got good reviews.

The Third Man
It rubs the lotion on its skin.

Post by The Third Man »

Popeye_Card wrote:
Well, The Ballad of Buster Scruggs. Which I [expletive] loved. I don't know that I could pick a favorite segment. I enjoyed every last one of them. The last one was perhaps a bit obvious - to the point I was almost expecting a reversal - but it was no less well-executed. Stephen Root is a treasure and should be in every film. "PAN SHOT!"

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

Mudbound on Netflix is supposed to be good. Just haven’t gotten around to watching it.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

JoeMcKim wrote:Saw Creed II last night, it was soooo good. They were able to keep everything fresh and really nailed the whole Drago vs. Creed storyline. Definitely recommend it to anyone.
I really liked it. If you are fan of the franchise you'll like it. One thing I really like about the Creed movies is they do a good job of making the fights more realistic. There are still moments of disbelief, but they seem to have made a concentrated effort to show the flurries of hard punches are only 30-45 seconds of a round. Michael B. Jordan is a damn good actor.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

stlouie_lipp wrote:
I really liked it. If you are fan of the franchise you'll like it.
Yep. Hits all the predictable Rocky notes, but will still you get you fired the hell up if that's something you already love. If it's not, this is a very skippable movie, which wasn't the case with CREED. I personally loved it.

While I was watching Buster Scruggs, I was like, "this is a very minor Coen work" and then I couldn't stop thinking about it for two days straight. It's so good. It probably is minor Coen canon, but that's still enough to be a best of the year contender.