movies

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Re: movies

Post by ghostrunner »

It's a plot adapted from the comic books. Which doesn't mean anyone has to like it. The genre is wearing thin with me, mostly because of the formula and escalating stakes. The Netflix shows could be much better and they have their moments. They really need to trim the number of episodes down. Almost every season starts well and drags to the finish or turns absurd.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

If you have a Roku, install the free Roku channel. I was able to find Cat Ballou and The Warriors (come out and plaaaaay). Two movies I've been looking for lately. There's a bunch of peak Arnold, too.

Unedited, but there are commercials.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

ghostrunner wrote:It's a plot adapted from the comic books. Which doesn't mean anyone has to like it. The genre is wearing thin with me, mostly because of the formula and escalating stakes. The Netflix shows could be much better and they have their moments. They really need to trim the number of episodes down. Almost every season starts well and drags to the finish or turns absurd.
Defenders was shorter, but I was pretty meh on it. I'm pretty worn out on the Hand as the primary villain.

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

Popeye_Card wrote:
ghostrunner wrote:It's a plot adapted from the comic books. Which doesn't mean anyone has to like it. The genre is wearing thin with me, mostly because of the formula and escalating stakes. The Netflix shows could be much better and they have their moments. They really need to trim the number of episodes down. Almost every season starts well and drags to the finish or turns absurd.
Defenders was shorter, but I was pretty meh on it. I'm pretty worn out on the Hand as the primary villain.
Barrel O' Ninjas!

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Mimi O’Donnell Reflects on the Loss of Philip Seymour Hoffman and the Devastation of Addiction
December 13, 2017 7:00 AM
by Mimi O’Donnell as told to Adam Green
https://www.vogue.com/article/philip-se ... 2018-issue

Tim
Consider him admonished

Post by Tim »

Yall seen Shot Caller? Jamie Lannister from GOT stars in it. Kinda interesting. Just watched on Amazon.

Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

Michael wrote:
Joe Shlabotnik wrote:Infinity War. Jesus Christ haven't we had enough of that?
The word Infinity is particularly ominous.

Ugh Marvel. It's all over netflix as well.
I mean, you realize they've already got movies in development/filming up through 2020, right? 3 movies a year, which is what they've held to for the past few years...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Cinematic_Universe

2018:
Black Panther
Avengers Infinity War Part 1
Ant-Man / Wasp

2019:
Captain Marvel
Avengers Infinity War Part 2
Spider-Man Homecoming 2

2020:
Guardians of the Galaxy 3

Plus all the shows, which are now on ABC (Agents of SHIELD, Agent Carter (cancelled), Inhumans), Hulu (Runaways), Netflix (Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Punisher, Defenders). Cloak & Dagger is releasing on Freeform early next year, and then there's a season of New Warriors that is looking for a channel to air on (it's filmed and ready for release).

And obviously none of this is counting any of the DC stuff. Or Fox - although I'm very excited now that Disney's CEO admitted that as part of their buying 21st Century Fox they will bring X-Men into the MCU. Unfortunately Fantastic Four film rights are still with Contantin and not Fox.

JoeMcKim
Perennial All-Star

Post by JoeMcKim »

Am I the only person that thinks that Fantastic Four just doesn't work well as a live action type of property. The Incredibles which is essentially the same thing works but not FF themselves.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

i swear the roger corman FF is better than these recent/current ones