movies

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Swirls
gone fission

Re: movies

Post by Swirls »

JoeMcKim wrote:Am I the only person that thinks that Fantastic Four just doesn't work well as a live action type of property. The Incredibles which is essentially the same thing works but not FF themselves.
The Fantastic Four is great - not even counting the whole "Marvel's First Family" and all that - the problem is Fox hires The Tweedles to write and produce movies for them. Their film rights revert back to Marvel every 10 years, so you get garbage released like that 2015 abomination in order for the rights to stay with Fox.

Now that Disney is buying Fox, they can bring the FF in (along with the X-Men franchise) to the MCU. It will be interesting how they manage that.

At this point once that deal is finalized, the only big ticket IP that Marvel still doesn't have the movie rights to will be Spider-Man, as it's still owned by Sony.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

Sicario 2 - the drug war is actually good!

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

The Denis Villeneuve artistry was the best part of Sicario, but I am still very on board with a franchise that abandons artistry in favor of turning Benicio Del Toro into Narco John Wick.

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

i mean, how good is deputy david hale?

he's written 3 movies; sicario, hell or high water, and wind river...all 3 were very much acclaimed/very very good.

and now his 4th, soldado/sicario 2, looks like it's another good one

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

Review of "Bright"
[SHOW]
There’s boring, there’s bad, and then there’s “Bright,” a movie so profoundly awful that Republicans will probably try to pass it into law over Christmas break. From the director of “Suicide Squad” and the writer of “Victor Frankenstein” comes a fresh slice of hell that somehow represents new lows for them both — a dull and painfully derivative ordeal that that often feels like it was made just to put those earlier misfires into perspective. The only thing more predictable than this high-concept police story is the idea that a year as punishing as 2017 would save the worst for last. At least “The Emoji Movie” owned up to the fact that it was just putting [expletive] on screen; at least “The Emoji Movie” had the courtesy to dress it up in a bowtie.
and it goes on.
A review like this almost makes me want to watch it for greater appreciation of it..."it" being the review.
http://www.indiewire.com/2017/12/bright ... 201909960/

Heard a song in the movie by some guy named DRAM and Neil Young and it is woeful too.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

baby driver was loads of fun

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Post by Famous Mortimer »

JoeMcKim wrote:Am I the only person that thinks that Fantastic Four just doesn't work well as a live action type of property. The Incredibles which is essentially the same thing works but not FF themselves.
I liked the two Chris Evans-featuring instalments, honestly. It needs to be a bit camp, but it can work as a live-action property.

JoeMcKim
Perennial All-Star

Post by JoeMcKim »

At this point once that deal is finalized, the only big ticket IP that Marvel still doesn't have the movie rights to will be Spider-Man, as it's still owned by Sony.
And Spider-Man Marvel can use him for the MCU since they currently have a deal worked out between the two studios.