movies

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Re: movies

Post by Famous Mortimer »

I kinda dug him in the "Mechanic" movie too.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

cardsfantx wrote:Netflix/rewatch of "Hell or High Water" -
and yes, Ben Foster is awesome...his 2 newest ones I recently saw, he's fantastic in as well; Galveston and Leave No Trace (leave no trace is on amazon prime)
...Lord of the Plains. Great line.

I enjoyed Leave No Trace as well. A couple scenes I relate to
[SHOW]
When jogger saw his daughter, thought it was weird, and then police came and rounded them up....

I used to take my daughter out of school for a road/camping trip in Spring...one year we were 3 miles in camping wilderness on a weekday and another backpacker thought it odd combo for BFE Missouri so ranger posse crashed our campsite at midnight, guns drawn. They split us up and interrogated us. craziest/scariest thing that I ever experienced.
Also , the climatic scene of Leave No Trace - where they click at each other with their tonques...same damn thing we used to do...I cried

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

I enjoyed documentary Dirtbag: The Legend of Fred Beckey.

Pioneering prolific mountain climber who kept at it, doing it his way, until he died at 96. It is also film about a man struggling with his decline and mortality. He could have ended up capitalizing on it all like his peers Yvon Chounaird and Jim Whittaker (REI), both interviewed in the film.

Interesting guy.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

It appears that the FYRE FESTIVAL doc has dropped on HULU and there is another one coming to netflix tomorrow.

I can't wait to watch them as i am completely fascinated with that whole debacle.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

go birds wrote:It appears that the FYRE FESTIVAL doc has dropped on HULU and there is another one coming to netflix tomorrow.

I can't wait to watch them as i am completely fascinated with that whole debacle.
Here's what I've found out since learning of the Netflix one while watching the Hulu one:

The Hulu guys paid the dbag organizer for an interview (as a viewer I would say it was absolutely worth it)

The Netflix one is made in part by the media company that marketed Fyre (seems dubious, but may turn out alright).

The Netflix one is directed by the guy that made American Movie-- so he has some credibility.

The directors are kind of being babies about it and attacking each other.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

Lots of grief being given to paying Billy McFarland for his interview in the Hulu doc. As a viewer I would say it was critical to the story they told, that that story is valuable, and note that he eats that much money's worth of [expletive] in the movie and in the interview specifically.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

I watched the Netflix version tonight and it had a very “the staircase” vibe in that...it’s weird all this is being filmed at the moment.

Other than that...completely mind blowing. This billy McFarland guy is a full blown sociopath.

And while sure it’s fun to crack on the silly millennials that got got, I was sympathetic. They all got royally [expletive] over.

Also...these fyre guys obviously never watched Wayne’s world 2. Bc if they had, they would know just how difficult it is to put on a music festival.

“Cross the t’s and dot the..........lowercase....j’s“

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

I watched the Netflix Fyre documentary and I thought it was very good.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

Mid90's didn't take me on a nostalgic ride down memory lane like i thought it was going to. Mainly because i wasnt a skateboarder so i couldnt relate to that aspect of the movie.

with that said, still a pretty good watch. great soundtrack and score as well.