movies

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
go birds
-go birds

Re: movies

Post by go birds »

the dude who portrayed sean eckerd was also on point and provided a lot of comic relief

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

CardsofSTL wrote:
MrCrowesGarden wrote:Recommend "I, Tonya." Makes you feel bad for Tonya Harding surprisingly without completely absolving her.
How can you feel bad for someone who is a regular on America's Dumbest Criminals?
Maybe try watching the movie and judge for yourself?

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

Jumanji reboot being a box office juggernaut is not a thing I expected.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

ghostrunner wrote:Jumanji reboot being a box office juggernaut is not a thing I expected.
The Rock and Kevin Hart is box office gold.

In all honesty it’s a good popcorn movie. Actually surprised at how family unfriendly it is— definitely earned every last bit of the PG 13. Kind of liked how they handled the making it a video game.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

I think I might go see the Jumanji movie at Galleria this evening. I've seen the trailer a few times and it is probably something that I'll laugh at more than I should.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:
CardsofSTL wrote:
MrCrowesGarden wrote:Recommend "I, Tonya." Makes you feel bad for Tonya Harding surprisingly without completely absolving her.
How can you feel bad for someone who is a regular on America's Dumbest Criminals?
Maybe try watching the movie and judge for yourself?
#bluefont

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

watching some older flicks I missed. - Secret Life of Walter Mitty was decent. been decades since I read the short story, so I have no loyalty to the short story, which I'm sure the movie has little semblence to.

Bourne Legacy. good. a 2011 movie -Holds up well

Captain Phillips - didn't care for it. Too long. I fell asleep with about 20 min left and almost didn't even bother to finish it. When he went on the lifeboat with the Somalis, the format of the movie went adrift. The movie made characters out of the Somalis at first- which was interesting, but then in the end they've morphed into boring stereotypical caricatures.

I'd have preferred they skip showing what was going on with the Navy side- we know the Navy was going to handle these guys, it was just a matter if Phillips could hang in there via how he interacted with the pirates. I'd rather they have shown what was going on with his wife, than the Navy.

vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Post by vinsanity »

go birds wrote:i went and watched I, Tonya last night....has my vote for best picture
Just curious, have you seen any other nominees? I caught Shape of Water before Christmas and Three Billboards after the new year. I really enjoyed I, Tonya but it's a distant third for me of that trio.

It actually seems like it could be a crowded field this year.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

vinsanity wrote:
go birds wrote:i went and watched I, Tonya last night....has my vote for best picture
Just curious, have you seen any other nominees? I caught Shape of Water before Christmas and Three Billboards after the new year. I really enjoyed I, Tonya but it's a distant third for me of that trio.

It actually seems like it could be a crowded field this year.
Three Billboards is on my list but i'll be honest about shape of water...i'm no Del Toro fan. Just can't like much of anything he's done. Hellboy was good but after that....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I'll have to review the list of potential nominees and regroup, but nothing i've seen in the past year really holds a candle to I, Tonya.

Dunkirk perhaps, but if i'm choosing between the two, i'd probably go i, tonya (and i say that as the board's biggest Nolan honk)

JoeMcKim
Perennial All-Star

Post by JoeMcKim »

If you liked Dunkirk then you should go see The Darkest Hour, it really makes a great companion piece.