movies

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Re: movies

Post by GeddyWrox »

I saw The Glass Castle this weekend. Meh. It wasn't awful, but it wasn't great either. Don't spend the money. It's a Netflix view.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

i didnt enjoy Guardians Vol. 2 as much as the first

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Wind River was beautiful and generally pretty damn cool. There were a few minutes toward the end that I quit caring about it then got brought back in.

mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Post by mikechamp »

We watched "Sisters" and "Bad Moms" over the long weekend. They each have their moments, such as the gag reel or the mother interviews during the credits. John Cena did well in "Sisters", and I was surprised to see JJ Watt in "Bad Moms" (he did not do well). But they are certainly not movies you would have wanted to pay to see in the theaters.

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

Saw Zoolander 2 the other night on Prime...

Penelope Cruz is hot.

The movie was bad.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

mikechamp wrote:We watched "Sisters" and "Bad Moms" over the long weekend. They each have their moments, such as the gag reel or the mother interviews during the credits. John Cena did well in "Sisters", and I was surprised to see JJ Watt in "Bad Moms" (he did not do well). But they are certainly not movies you would have wanted to pay to see in the theaters.
This probably belongs in the Secrets thread but Bad Moms was the movie that I saw in theaters last year. Wouldn't have been my first (or tenth) choice but the girl I was dating at the time wanted to see it so I had to take one for the team. It wasn't the worst movie ever but I agree that it wasn't worth the price of admission (and snacks).

mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Post by mikechamp »

tlombard wrote:
mikechamp wrote:We watched "Sisters" and "Bad Moms" over the long weekend. They each have their moments, such as the gag reel or the mother interviews during the credits. John Cena did well in "Sisters", and I was surprised to see JJ Watt in "Bad Moms" (he did not do well). But they are certainly not movies you would have wanted to pay to see in the theaters.
This probably belongs in the Secrets thread but Bad Moms was the movie that I saw in theaters last year. Wouldn't have been my first (or tenth) choice but the girl I was dating at the time wanted to see it so I had to take one for the team. It wasn't the worst movie ever but I agree that it wasn't worth the price of admission (and snacks).
When you say, "the movie that I saw in theaters last year", do you mean the only movie you saw in theaters last year? Because if so, that's really sad, dude.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

Not only the only movie I saw in theaters last year but the only movie I've seen in theaters since Wedding Crashers came out. Maybe I've seen one since then that I don't remember but I don't think so.

I agree it's sad but I've just been waiting for them to come out on HBO. Now that I cut the cord that isn't really an option so I signed up for Movie Pass yesterday. Once I get my card in the mail, I'll be hitting up MX Movies regularly after work when something comes out that I want to see. I used to go to movies all the time but for some reason I just stopped.

mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Post by mikechamp »

tlombard wrote:Not only the only movie I saw in theaters last year but the only movie I've seen in theaters since Wedding Crashers came out. Maybe I've seen one since then that I don't remember but I don't think so.

I agree it's sad but I've just been waiting for them to come out on HBO. Now that I cut the cord that isn't really an option so I signed up for Movie Pass yesterday. Once I get my card in the mail, I'll be hitting up MX Movies regularly after work when something comes out that I want to see. I used to go to movies all the time but for some reason I just stopped.
Yeah, that definitely belonged in the Secrets thread. Hell, I probably wouldn't have admitted it there, either. I applaud your... um.... self-confidence.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

By this point everybody knows I'm a bit off. Nothing left to lose and I've never really met any of you personally so it isn't like you guys can tell people I know and care about what they think!