movies

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Re: movies

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

stlouie_lipp wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:Holy [expletive] just watch free solo and even knowing the outcome, obviously, the scenes of him climbing had my palms quite sweaty. I don't know how those guys do it. Even in harnesses I'd be [expletive] bricks. Don't know what's more impressive, controlling the nerves or being able to physically do it.

Regardless, that documentary was awesome from a film perspective too, imo. No unnecessary BS. Just enough insight into his life. And, a ton of focus on the accomplishment and what went into it. Awesome.
I want to see this but as someone who doesn't like heights I get too stressed out watching that kind of thing.
Dude, there are some scenes I could barely watch. I mean, I hate heights but figured that knowing the ending would make it okay and it did not.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
stlouie_lipp wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:Holy [expletive] just watch free solo and even knowing the outcome, obviously, the scenes of him climbing had my palms quite sweaty. I don't know how those guys do it. Even in harnesses I'd be [expletive] bricks. Don't know what's more impressive, controlling the nerves or being able to physically do it.

Regardless, that documentary was awesome from a film perspective too, imo. No unnecessary BS. Just enough insight into his life. And, a ton of focus on the accomplishment and what went into it. Awesome.
I want to see this but as someone who doesn't like heights I get too stressed out watching that kind of thing.
Dude, there are some scenes I could barely watch. I mean, I hate heights but figured that knowing the ending would make it okay and it did not.
They had it in IMAX for awhile.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Freed Roger wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
stlouie_lipp wrote:

Did you see it in imax?

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
Freed Roger wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
stlouie_lipp wrote:

Did you see it in imax?
No, but would have liked to. FWIW-I am not sure if it would be full on IMAX, or some sort of partial/conversion.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

Freed Roger wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
Freed Roger wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
stlouie_lipp wrote:

Did you see it in imax?
No, but would have liked to. FWIW-I am not sure if it would be full on IMAX, or some sort of partial/conversion.
I saw the trailer for Man On Wire in an IMAX that it almost gave me vertigo.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Free Solo was fascinating; and a lot less vertigo inducing climbing scenes than I was expecting.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

captain marvel/mallrats connection

spoilers
https://news.avclub.com/stan-lee-s-capt ... 1833155850

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

OVERLORD OWNS SO HARD