GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently June 26 19, 12:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11036 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1076, 1077, 1078, 1079, 1080, 1081, 1082 ... 1104  Next
 Post subject: Re: movies
PostPosted: December 27 18, 1:38 pm 
darjeeling sipping elite

stlouie_lipp wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:
thrill wrote:
I always figured he stopped to look at the horses because he was having a breakdown and questioning his entire life and the horses represent a simpler beauty and freedom.

https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comment ... _my_first/

Ahhh

Realm and Conquest matters.

PostPosted: December 28 18, 11:34 am 
Hall Of Famer

go birds wrote:
Bird Box was dumb as hell

I watched it and it wasn't that bad....I went in w/ this review in mind and it exceeded expectations.

PostPosted: December 28 18, 3:57 pm 
All-Star

I Got 5 On It on a cello as a tense soundtrack, oh my God. Jordan Peele...

https://youtu.be/hNCmb-4oXJA

I may be in the mood for Vice a couple years into one of the Trump's incarceration (seriously, does anyone want to watch that right now?), but for now I'll appreciate more creative and provocative and shrouded social commentary like Jordan Peele's.

PostPosted: December 29 18, 12:16 pm 
All-Star

I just watched "Unbreakable" and "Split" for the first time, as the trailer for "Glass" looks pretty interesting. Loved "Unbreakable", but I thought "Split" was a rather ordinary psycho-kidnapper thriller with a lot of fancy bells and whistles.

PostPosted: December 29 18, 6:39 pm 
-go birds

Famous Mortimer wrote:
I just watched "Unbreakable" and "Split" for the first time, as the trailer for "Glass" looks pretty interesting. Loved "Unbreakable", but I thought "Split" was a rather ordinary psycho-kidnapper thriller with a lot of fancy bells and whistles.

Did you watch unbreakable first? I guess there’s no need for spoiler tags at this point but the payoff in Split was MUCH bigger when watching it in the theater when it was first released.

PostPosted: December 31 18, 9:22 am 
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

BottenFieldofDreams wrote:
Fridays I check Rotten Tomatoes. Bumble Bee is good, apparently. Child me would say 'duh.' Adult me is pretty surprised, but happy he's a Bug again.

We went to watch Bumblebee yesterday because we were bored. It was ok, maybe better than the last few transformer movies.

With that said, Hollywood is just completely out of ideas at this point aren't they? Of all the previews there is nothing even remotely new coming. It's all sequels, super heroes, and the like.

PostPosted: December 31 18, 9:37 am 
has a link from 538 to share

IMO streaming services like netflix are the last hope for non-blockbuster movies.

Speaking of which, The Ballad of Buster Scruggs on netflix is mostly awesome.

PostPosted: December 31 18, 10:54 am 
Perennial All-Star

If you are even remotely inclined to appreciate the Marvel universe, the animated Spiderman movie that's out right now is FAN-fukking-TASTIC.

PostPosted: January 2 19, 7:24 am 
Hall Of Famer

GeddyWrox wrote:
If you are even remotely inclined to appreciate the Marvel universe, the animated Spiderman movie that's out right now is FAN-fukking-TASTIC.

Yeah, I was going to say this. My wife's a graphic designer and loved it. She felt like artists seemed to be in charge of it, and that turns out to be pretty much the case. Three co-directors, two of whom are former illustrators and storyboard artists.

It's really separate from the live action Marvel Universe stuff, and references the comics and the Tobey Maguire/Sam Raimi movies more than anything. But none of that is really necessary to enjoy it.

PostPosted: January 2 19, 6:28 pm 
All-Star

IMADreamer wrote:
BottenFieldofDreams wrote:
Fridays I check Rotten Tomatoes. Bumble Bee is good, apparently. Child me would say 'duh.' Adult me is pretty surprised, but happy he's a Bug again.

We went to watch Bumblebee yesterday because we were bored. It was ok, maybe better than the last few transformer movies.

With that said, Hollywood is just completely out of ideas at this point aren't they? Of all the previews there is nothing even remotely new coming. It's all sequels, super heroes, and the like.

Whatever the last Transformer movie I saw was (it was probably called Covenant Gravitas or Redemption Grandiose or something) was so bad and so idiotically conceived I wouldn't have guessed there was any coming back. It was 3.5 hours long and when they weren't boring you to death the action sequences were an epileptic's nightmare of entirely unfollowable blinking lights--punches thrown on fast forward at 6000 times.

Then they made the Ninja Turtles unwatchably ugly. These guys are idiots. But at least they're urinating all over my childhood.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11036 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1076, 1077, 1078, 1079, 1080, 1081, 1082 ... 1104  Next