GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently May 25 19, 5:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11019 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1082, 1083, 1084, 1085, 1086, 1087, 1088 ... 1102  Next
 Post subject: Re: movies
PostPosted: March 6 19, 9:30 am 
Hallelujah Brother

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
Holy [expletive] just watch free solo and even knowing the outcome, obviously, the scenes of him climbing had my palms quite sweaty. I don't know how those guys do it. Even in harnesses I'd be [expletive] bricks. Don't know what's more impressive, controlling the nerves or being able to physically do it.

Regardless, that documentary was awesome from a film perspective too, imo. No unnecessary BS. Just enough insight into his life. And, a ton of focus on the accomplishment and what went into it. Awesome.

I want to see this but as someone who doesn't like heights I get too stressed out watching that kind of thing.

PostPosted: March 6 19, 11:17 am 
"I could totally eat a person if it were a life/death situation"

stlouie_lipp wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
Holy [expletive] just watch free solo and even knowing the outcome, obviously, the scenes of him climbing had my palms quite sweaty. I don't know how those guys do it. Even in harnesses I'd be [expletive] bricks. Don't know what's more impressive, controlling the nerves or being able to physically do it.

Regardless, that documentary was awesome from a film perspective too, imo. No unnecessary BS. Just enough insight into his life. And, a ton of focus on the accomplishment and what went into it. Awesome.

I want to see this but as someone who doesn't like heights I get too stressed out watching that kind of thing.

Dude, there are some scenes I could barely watch. I mean, I hate heights but figured that knowing the ending would make it okay and it did not.

PostPosted: March 6 19, 11:26 am 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
stlouie_lipp wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:

Dude, there are some scenes I could barely watch. I mean, I hate heights but figured that knowing the ending would make it okay and it did not.

They had it in IMAX for awhile.

PostPosted: March 6 19, 1:25 pm 
"I could totally eat a person if it were a life/death situation"

Freed Roger wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
stlouie_lipp wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:

Did you see it in imax?

PostPosted: March 6 19, 1:36 pm 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
Freed Roger wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
stlouie_lipp wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:

Did you see it in imax?

No, but would have liked to. FWIW-I am not sure if it would be full on IMAX, or some sort of partial/conversion.

PostPosted: March 6 19, 1:50 pm 
Hallelujah Brother

Freed Roger wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
Freed Roger wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
stlouie_lipp wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:

Did you see it in imax?

No, but would have liked to. FWIW-I am not sure if it would be full on IMAX, or some sort of partial/conversion.

I saw the trailer for Man On Wire in an IMAX that it almost gave me vertigo.

PostPosted: March 6 19, 4:28 pm 
darjeeling sipping elite

Free Solo was fascinating; and a lot less vertigo inducing climbing scenes than I was expecting.

PostPosted: March 8 19, 2:47 pm 
99% conan clips

captain marvel/mallrats connection

spoilers
https://news.avclub.com/stan-lee-s-capt ... 1833155850

PostPosted: March 9 19, 1:09 am 
-go birds

OVERLORD OWNS SO HARD

PostPosted: March 14 19, 10:53 am 
Perennial All-Star

For those who care about the upcoming Avengers movie:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11019 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1082, 1083, 1084, 1085, 1086, 1087, 1088 ... 1102  Next