GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently May 25 19, 5:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11019 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1082, 1083, 1084, 1085, 1086, 1087, 1088 ... 1102  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: movies
PostPosted: March 6 19, 9:30 am 
Offline
Hallelujah Brother
User avatar

Joined: April 17 06, 7:36 pm
Posts: 12750
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
Holy [expletive] just watch free solo and even knowing the outcome, obviously, the scenes of him climbing had my palms quite sweaty. I don't know how those guys do it. Even in harnesses I'd be [expletive] bricks. Don't know what's more impressive, controlling the nerves or being able to physically do it.

Regardless, that documentary was awesome from a film perspective too, imo. No unnecessary BS. Just enough insight into his life. And, a ton of focus on the accomplishment and what went into it. Awesome.

I want to see this but as someone who doesn't like heights I get too stressed out watching that kind of thing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: movies
PostPosted: March 6 19, 11:17 am 
Online
"I could totally eat a person if it were a life/death situation"
User avatar

Joined: August 5 08, 11:24 am
Posts: 23211
Location: Thinking of the Children
stlouie_lipp wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
Holy [expletive] just watch free solo and even knowing the outcome, obviously, the scenes of him climbing had my palms quite sweaty. I don't know how those guys do it. Even in harnesses I'd be [expletive] bricks. Don't know what's more impressive, controlling the nerves or being able to physically do it.

Regardless, that documentary was awesome from a film perspective too, imo. No unnecessary BS. Just enough insight into his life. And, a ton of focus on the accomplishment and what went into it. Awesome.

I want to see this but as someone who doesn't like heights I get too stressed out watching that kind of thing.

Dude, there are some scenes I could barely watch. I mean, I hate heights but figured that knowing the ending would make it okay and it did not.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: movies
PostPosted: March 6 19, 11:26 am 
Offline
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Joined: September 4 07, 1:48 pm
Posts: 23549
Location: St. Louis
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
stlouie_lipp wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
Holy [expletive] just watch free solo and even knowing the outcome, obviously, the scenes of him climbing had my palms quite sweaty. I don't know how those guys do it. Even in harnesses I'd be [expletive] bricks. Don't know what's more impressive, controlling the nerves or being able to physically do it.

Regardless, that documentary was awesome from a film perspective too, imo. No unnecessary BS. Just enough insight into his life. And, a ton of focus on the accomplishment and what went into it. Awesome.

I want to see this but as someone who doesn't like heights I get too stressed out watching that kind of thing.

Dude, there are some scenes I could barely watch. I mean, I hate heights but figured that knowing the ending would make it okay and it did not.

They had it in IMAX for awhile.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: movies
PostPosted: March 6 19, 1:25 pm 
Online
"I could totally eat a person if it were a life/death situation"
User avatar

Joined: August 5 08, 11:24 am
Posts: 23211
Location: Thinking of the Children
Freed Roger wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
stlouie_lipp wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
Holy [expletive] just watch free solo and even knowing the outcome, obviously, the scenes of him climbing had my palms quite sweaty. I don't know how those guys do it. Even in harnesses I'd be [expletive] bricks. Don't know what's more impressive, controlling the nerves or being able to physically do it.

Regardless, that documentary was awesome from a film perspective too, imo. No unnecessary BS. Just enough insight into his life. And, a ton of focus on the accomplishment and what went into it. Awesome.

I want to see this but as someone who doesn't like heights I get too stressed out watching that kind of thing.

Dude, there are some scenes I could barely watch. I mean, I hate heights but figured that knowing the ending would make it okay and it did not.

They had it in IMAX for awhile.

Did you see it in imax?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: movies
PostPosted: March 6 19, 1:36 pm 
Offline
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Joined: September 4 07, 1:48 pm
Posts: 23549
Location: St. Louis
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
Freed Roger wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
stlouie_lipp wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
Holy [expletive] just watch free solo and even knowing the outcome, obviously, the scenes of him climbing had my palms quite sweaty. I don't know how those guys do it. Even in harnesses I'd be [expletive] bricks. Don't know what's more impressive, controlling the nerves or being able to physically do it.

Regardless, that documentary was awesome from a film perspective too, imo. No unnecessary BS. Just enough insight into his life. And, a ton of focus on the accomplishment and what went into it. Awesome.

I want to see this but as someone who doesn't like heights I get too stressed out watching that kind of thing.

Dude, there are some scenes I could barely watch. I mean, I hate heights but figured that knowing the ending would make it okay and it did not.

They had it in IMAX for awhile.

Did you see it in imax?

No, but would have liked to. FWIW-I am not sure if it would be full on IMAX, or some sort of partial/conversion.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: movies
PostPosted: March 6 19, 1:50 pm 
Offline
Hallelujah Brother
User avatar

Joined: April 17 06, 7:36 pm
Posts: 12750
Freed Roger wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
Freed Roger wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
stlouie_lipp wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
Holy [expletive] just watch free solo and even knowing the outcome, obviously, the scenes of him climbing had my palms quite sweaty. I don't know how those guys do it. Even in harnesses I'd be [expletive] bricks. Don't know what's more impressive, controlling the nerves or being able to physically do it.

Regardless, that documentary was awesome from a film perspective too, imo. No unnecessary BS. Just enough insight into his life. And, a ton of focus on the accomplishment and what went into it. Awesome.

I want to see this but as someone who doesn't like heights I get too stressed out watching that kind of thing.

Dude, there are some scenes I could barely watch. I mean, I hate heights but figured that knowing the ending would make it okay and it did not.

They had it in IMAX for awhile.

Did you see it in imax?

No, but would have liked to. FWIW-I am not sure if it would be full on IMAX, or some sort of partial/conversion.

I saw the trailer for Man On Wire in an IMAX that it almost gave me vertigo.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: movies
PostPosted: March 6 19, 4:28 pm 
Offline
darjeeling sipping elite
User avatar

Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
Posts: 36199
Location: Huis Clos
Free Solo was fascinating; and a lot less vertigo inducing climbing scenes than I was expecting.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: movies
PostPosted: March 8 19, 2:47 pm 
Offline
99% conan clips
User avatar

Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm
Posts: 54543
captain marvel/mallrats connection

spoilers
https://news.avclub.com/stan-lee-s-capt ... 1833155850


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: movies
PostPosted: March 9 19, 1:09 am 
Offline
-go birds
User avatar

Joined: February 5 10, 9:54 am
Posts: 28991
OVERLORD OWNS SO HARD


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: movies
PostPosted: March 14 19, 10:53 am 
Offline
Perennial All-Star
User avatar

Joined: April 17 06, 5:05 pm
Posts: 6818
Location: Southwestern Illinois
For those who care about the upcoming Avengers movie:



Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11019 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1082, 1083, 1084, 1085, 1086, 1087, 1088 ... 1102  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group