GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently September 19 19, 3:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1107, 1108, 1109, 1110, 1111  Next
 Post subject: Re: movies
PostPosted: September 5 19, 7:03 am 
Hall Of Famer

I saw Ready or Not on Monday which was a lot of fun, though I couldn't help thinking it could have been both scarier and funnier. I wish it had chosen one of those to lean into more, though I'm honestly not sure which.

Samara Weaving plays the main character and does a really good job hitting both of those notes. Adam Brody plays her brother in law and the two of them are the only ones who ever seem to feel like they're in a genuinely horrific situation. Everyone else seems like they're in a darker version of Clue.

Reminded me a lot of You're Next and Get Out, and while it's good it's not as good as either of those. Still nice to see something with an interesting premise that isn't a sequel or comic book movie.

PostPosted: September 8 19, 3:17 am 
Single A Minor League Player

Just watched the most recent MiB - 'Men In Black International' Thought it was okay. Not a work of art, reasonably simple and reasonably entertaining. 7/10

PostPosted: September 8 19, 3:24 am 
All Hail the New GDT Master

angine wrote:
Just watched the most recent MiB - 'Men In Black International' Thought it was okay. Not a work of art, reasonably simple and reasonably entertaining. 7/10

I've been curious about this one. Sounds like good viewing for an off day

PostPosted: September 8 19, 6:35 pm 
Perennial All-Star

CardsofSTL wrote:
angine wrote:

I've been curious about this one. Sounds like good viewing for an off day

It's not going to set the world on fire but I thought it was a solid movie that was entertaining enough.

PostPosted: September 9 19, 9:45 am 
Perennial All-Star

Rewatched the first installment of IT again last night in preparation for Part 2. Looking forward to...IT. See what I did there? LOL

PostPosted: September 9 19, 10:34 am 
Perennial All-Star

Finally got around to watching The Last Jedi. I found it more enjoyable than Rogue One, but I was also less tired. Last Jedi was noticeably long, though.

I'm looking forward to the last Star Wars movie this December. It'll be interesting to see how they wrap up some of these storylines. Also, the comment from Abrams about "the last scene will blow your mind" has me... intrigued.

Spoiler: show
Did they leave it too obvious that the next set of Star Wars stories will include those 3 kids from the stables?

PostPosted: September 13 19, 3:06 pm 
99% conan clips

PostPosted: September 13 19, 6:46 pm 
All-Star

mikechamp wrote:
Finally got around to watching The Last Jedi. I found it more enjoyable than Rogue One, but I was also less tired. Last Jedi was noticeably long, though.

I'm looking forward to the last Star Wars movie this December. It'll be interesting to see how they wrap up some of these storylines. Also, the comment from Abrams about "the last scene will blow your mind" has me... intrigued.

Spoiler: show
Did they leave it too obvious that the next set of Star Wars stories will include those 3 kids from the stables?

Zoom out and, bam: Statue of Liberty. It was Earth all along!

PostPosted: September 14 19, 7:03 am 
Replies Authoritatively

Jocephus wrote:

I could pick 5 of those people out of a lineup. So I Google Image Searched the rest and I could still only pick 5 of them out of a lineup. Flula Borg is not a lady was probably the biggest surprise of the search.

PostPosted: September 14 19, 7:39 am 
99% conan clips

hah i know flula 'cause he's on conan a lot...but yeah i don't know most of 'em either

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1107, 1108, 1109, 1110, 1111  Next