The Video Game Thread

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Jocephus
99% conan clips

Re: The Video Game Thread

Post by Jocephus »

think i'm going to start wolfenstein: the old blood tonight. finished up W:the new order this weekend, getting all the collectibles, seeing the other storyline/path you can take, etc. only thing i didn't do is beat the game on the harder difficulties but meh. i'm really loving this series/interpretation and can't wait to play tonight and to get W2, hopefully later this year.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

In Mario Odyssey I beat:
[SHOW]
the very challenging darker side of the moon
with around 540 moons. My intention was to stop and move on to other games in my holiday shopping backlog, but a few hours later I was goofing around looking for more moons. This game is a drug.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

i probably should have waited longer to find a better deal but was able to get a new copy of wolfenstein 2 from an amazon seller for a total of $33. supposed to arrive next week. to get all 3 games for under $60 makes me happy.

i'm slow playing the prequel "the old blood". its definitely not as strong as the new order and definitely feels like a standalone dlc but its still really fun and helps set up the events of W1 and W2, though i've admittedly spoiled myself on many things that happen in W2. i'm just loving this reboot of the series. so good...and both scary and therapeutic given todays climate.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

I have stalled and not played much Mario recently... and now I have a feeling it will be a bit before I get back to it. I recently installed Civilization Revolution 2 on my phone and have gotten back to playing that same old game for hours and hours at a time. I've never gotten over my obsession to beat every difficulty level in all four ways with each civilization.

Of course, now I have had to start over since the XBoxes have died on me. This is my third time starting over and I've never quite gotten there all the way. The closest I've been before my last XBox died was completing everything up to the last difficulty level where I just can't get a single win.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

wolfenstein 2 arrives today! "out for delivery"

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

I just ordered an XB1X. I found a good deal on slickdeals.net:

Xbox One X with Overwatch GOTY and Player Unknown Battleground (email code) $460 FS on eBay

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

I hadn't played Mario in awhile but things were dead today at work with nobody being productive so I played about an hour of Mario. I just set the Switch up on its kickstand and played right out in the open not even caring if anybody noticed. Nobody noticed. One person walked past my desk during the entire time and he didn't matter because I'd already raced him in Mario Kart a couple of times today so he didn't exactly care.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

I got PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds with my X and I've been playing it. I'm hilariously bad at it, but I totally get the appeal. It's a super tense multiplayer shooter stealth/survival battle royal horror game. Sounds crazy, right? I really like how you don't respawn like most shooters( ie Call of Duty, Halo, etc) so everything you do feels like it has real weight and consequences. The actual mechanics are unforgiving as well - you don't get things like aiming assist or auto reload. You can play for like 30 min rolling along and all of a sudden you get shot to hell and die. Game over. It's completely deflating, but invigorating at the same time.
Last edited by Michael on December 28 17, 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

i have some level of interest in that game but probably won't get it. i'm doing the free battle royale from fortnite and it's fun but i'm terrible at it. i'd be terrible in pubg too. the streamer sandy ravage is good at those games, fortnite battle royale, pubg and h1z1. he makes it look easy.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

Jocephus wrote:i have some level of interest in that game but probably won't get it. i'm doing the free battle royale from fortnite and it's fun but i'm terrible at it. i'd be terrible in pubg too. the streamer sandy ravage is good at those games, fortnite battle royale, pubg and h1z1. he makes it look easy.
Personally, I think winning is kinda besides the point. It's more of an experience.

PUBG flips modern shooter game design on it's head. Most shooter mechanics today coddle you (auto aim, auto reload, etc) and gives you participation awards. PUBG is unrelentingly cruel and you have little chance of winning. It's a better game for it. I just accept my fate.

I'm not much of a multiplayer shooter guy, but I really respect PUBG.