The Video Game Thread

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Jocephus
99% conan clips

Re: The Video Game Thread

Post by Jocephus »

most of those early games have been emulated for browser play

here's one
http://www.nesplay.com/

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

raspberry pi is one of the coolest DIY ways to emulate games.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

I used to be into that do it yourself stuff and would be all over getting a Raspberry Pi and putting something together but these days I don't even really have a personal computer. I've got my work laptop, iPad and then my personal phone and that's all I use. The Switch is now the only working game system I have. I'm getting old and lazy. I'm not even going to try and give a valid reason for why I will probably never actually take the time to follow any of these admittedly great suggestions even though ten years ago I was constantly hacking my way around my Windows Mobile phones. I had three of them so I could constantly try different things, the background image when anybody called me was a picture of a wedding date's cleavage that she took while I was getting us more drinks. I'd also screw around with anything else I could get my hands on. Somewhere a few years back, I just kind of lost interest in putting out any kind of effort with that type of stuff. Never learned how to pirate movies even. I rooted my first couple of Android phones and then even gave up on that after awhile.

I really wish I could have gotten one of those Nintendo Classics earlier this year. That would have been just about perfect. Maybe the next time around I will or else they'll make the few games I want available for the Switch.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

Speaking of retro gaming, I purchased the Mega Man collection on xbox for 6 dollars. I figured for that price it would be worth the trip down memory lane. I started playing MM 2 which is generally considered the best MM. I was surprised how much I enjoyed the game purely on its game play merits. I ended up beating the game and really enjoying it. Admittedly I used the emulator save system liberally which made the game easier and more bearable on the "cheaper" parts.

I plan on playing MM3 next, which is also considered a classic.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

i almost bought that.

i bought MM9 a few years back (it came out in '08) but they made it real tough. can't remember how far i got into it but definitely didn't beat it.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

cuphead is only game on my radar

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

The only thing I've seen about Cuphead was the Clueless Gamer... with Kate Upton. I'm sold!

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

The previews I've read say Cuphead is a super challenging game. That kinda killed my interest.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

Jocephus wrote:cuphead is only game on my radar

The only game ever on my radar is Tecmo Super Bowl, but I saw this one on slickdeals (with a bizarre 'only an illiterate monkey could have never heard of this game' pissing match forum thread) and thought it looked really cool. What platforms will it be on?

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

xbox and pc