The Video Game Thread

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Re: The Video Game Thread

Post by IMADreamer »

I've been playing Mudrunner with some friends. On the surface a game where you are a russian trucker delivering wood from one end of the map to the other sounds really stupid. But with a few friends it's pretty damn fun.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

Over the weekend I played Wolfenstein II. I wanted to love it, but the encounter design is pretty bad and it made the game needlessly difficult/unfun. However, I enjoyed the story and blasting Nazi's so I kicked the difficulty down to easy and beat the game. I used to never do stuff like that because of misguided ego, but now I have no problem moving the difficulty to easy if I think a game might be more enjoyable.

I also played What Remains of Edith Finch. It's an adventure game about a girl returning to her home and learning about her deceased family members. The game is only about 2 hours long and doesn't really have any challenging game play (although there is one brilliant game play section), but the experience was well worth it. I don't want to give away too much about the plot, but I found the ending to be genuinely moving.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

Since I get so easily distracted and move from one obsession to another (most last a week or so tops), I hadn't touched Mario in awhile. I was talking to somebody last week who got a Switch from her husband at Christmas and she mentioned how many moons she had and it was embarrassing for her to be so far ahead of me even though I had a three month head start. I was still only at 146.

I decided to change that this weekend though and ended up completing the main story line and I'm now going back to collect the remaining moons. I'm up to 320 after the weekend. I haven't collected all of them from any particular world but instead I just keep hopping from world to world and just heading off in a new direction until I find a few and then once I get a little frustrated with not finding any for a stretch, I just move on to the next world in line. That seemed to work well for me since instead of grinding through them one world at a time, every half hour or so was a nice change. I didn't even hate the luncheon world like I did the first time when I couldn't get to the top for the boss battle for some reason. Now that I finally got that knocked out, I kind of like it.

I also learned that you can save Princess Peach without actually defeating all of the bosses. When I circled back to the Luncheon world I discovered that I never did actually beat the main boss. After some time off from the last time i played, I had no trouble finally beating that one so I have actually beaten them all now.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

I really wish they would re-release Golden Eye on Switch. My first wish on Switch is Excitebike followed closely by Golden Eye and RC Pro Am.

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

RC Pro Am
You just brought me back to my childhood in an instant. That game [expletive] kicks ass.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

Superhot is the most innovative shooter I've played in years.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

My all-time favorite racer. Glad they are using the same soundtrack.

[SHOW]
My legit experience:

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Michael wrote:Superhot is the most innovative shooter I've played in years.
free for xbox users in march