Tell us your dreams thread

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Maclowery
Child Pot Activist

Re: Tell us your dreams thread

Post by Maclowery »

Last night I had a long dream involving me becoming an actor in Hollywood (which I've never had the slightest inclination to do, nor even really visit southern California). That part was uninteresting.

What was more interesting and related to this board is that, while talking to my agent (who was, I'm pretty sure, Andy Dick), I was surfing the net. I went to GRB and read a new thread in all caps saying "THREE WAY TRADE PUJOLS IS GONE" or something. Basically, we traded Pujols to someone (I can't remember who), and I was super pissed because we got back Adam Dunn somehow, but I didn't think the prospects made up for losing Pujols.

Needless to say, I woke up really pissy. But now I'm really happy, because, well, we still have Pujols! Bam!

And, yes GRB, I am now officially dreaming of you.

StatmanCrothers
Perennial All-Star

Post by StatmanCrothers »

i dreamed i saw the knights in armor coming saying something about a queen. there were peasants singing and drummers drumming, the archers split the trees. there was a fanfare blowing to the sun that floated on the breeze.

The Third Man
It rubs the lotion on its skin.

Post by The Third Man »

The weirdest dream I ever had was centered around a nationwide news scandal that involved Jim Carrey being outed as a literal baby rapist.

TGantz
R-E-S-P-E-C-T...What Dr Pepper Means to Me

Post by TGantz »

I have had about a hundred dreams about what life would be like if our country was occupied by another country. The first thing I thought of was that it was because I watch so many revolutionary war and WW2 movies. I figured I was trying to picture what it would have been like for Americans early in our history or Poland and France with the German occupation. But then I started to see the army and they didn't have British or Nazi uniforms.

I also have a slightly similar type of dream a lot lately. It's more like a Behind Enemy Lines feeling, the movie with Owen Wilson. I was always running through the woods behind my house with the faceless army cutting down trees to try to get me. I would walk into people's houses trying to hide and they would always tell on me. Freaking bastard neighbors.

Maclowery
Child Pot Activist

Post by Maclowery »

Relatively related: I apparently had a dream either last night or recently that must have featured a moment when someone foolishly put my favorite bowl (a Ninja Turtles - Leonardo - shaped plastic bowl from my early childhood that I still use as my only salsa dish) into the oven, and melted it into disfiguration.

I know this only because I just saw said dish sitting out, and was very happy to see that it wasn't ruined, and had to spend a few seconds trying to think of why I thought it had been ruined in the first place.

Yay. The bowl lives. And then I found 5 bucks.

tothebeach08
All-Star

Post by tothebeach08 »

I had a dream a few weeks ago that went like this: I'm a girl in an Old West type girlie outfit with some guy. The guy says something like I'm sick of this chick and picks me up from behind and shoves me into this tiny little wood barrel keg type thing, kinda like those dogs wear around their necks (totally not possible to be a human and be inside, but I'm in there anyway cause it's a dream). And it has two corks in it. So I'm shoved in this very tiny thing and can't breath. Every once in a while he will let one of the corks out and some air will come in. But it wasn't enough air and I could feel myself suffocating. Since I had this dream, I have had several nights where I wake up from dreams in which I am again suffocating and I wake up totally out of breath....

It's actually pretty scary and disturbing.

JackofDiamonds
Bringer of Boston Baked Blue Balls

Post by JackofDiamonds »

tothebeach08 wrote:I had a dream a few weeks ago that went like this: I'm a girl in an Old West type girlie outfit with some guy. The guy says something like I'm sick of this chick and picks me up from behind and shoves me into this tiny little wood barrel keg type thing, kinda like those dogs wear around their necks (totally not possible to be a human and be inside, but I'm in there anyway cause it's a dream). And it has two corks in it. So I'm shoved in this very tiny thing and can't breath. Every once in a while he will let one of the corks out and some air will come in. But it wasn't enough air and I could feel myself suffocating. Since I had this dream, I have had several nights where I wake up from dreams in which I am again suffocating and I wake up totally out of breath....

It's actually pretty scary and disturbing.
Was he wearing loafers?

tothebeach08
All-Star

Post by tothebeach08 »

JackofDiamonds wrote: Was he wearing loafers?
No it was Wild West so it was cowboy boots...I'm pretty sure it was boots, now your making me worried. What's wrong with loafers, do loafer wearers suffocate girls at a higher rate then others?

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

Last night's dream: Jocephus lived above me in a house, had a kid living with him, and had an Asian man deliver juice boxes to the basement.