Sports Radio in STL

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Re: Sports Radio in STL

Post by Famous Mortimer »

Farewell Friends wrote:KFNS has designated The Writers' Block and We Are Live! for assignment and purchased the contracts of Martin Kilcoyne and Charlie Marlow for a 12-3 pm show. Unfortunately, TJ Moe remains employed.
That's Goold and the other fella from the P-D, right? Given I could barely make it through an episode of their podcast, a regular radio show would have been a nightmare to listen to.

Farewell Friends
Snayke's Bottomline

Post by Farewell Friends »

Secret Weapon wrote:Yeah I thought it was a very positive column yet all of his fans are butt hurt for some reason.

I think Kilcoyne and Marlow will be a good addition, but I never really got the whole We Are Live thing. I mean they get big time guests so they must do something right, but I could never get into it. I was surprised when they started off in the drive home slot.
I really enjoy WAL because it's something different and about 1,000 times better than the Line Change. I think McKernan wanted it to succeed, but it's not sportsy enough and there was probably pressure to move it. Oh well. I'm glad Charlie has a show on the station again and hopefully it gets a good run.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Farewell Friends wrote:KFNS has designated The Writers' Block and We Are Live! for assignment and purchased the contracts of Martin Kilcoyne and Charlie Marlow for a 12-3 pm show. Unfortunately, TJ Moe remains employed.
I almost never listen to any of them any longer but I found Cam Janssen to be the unlistenable bro-ey one.

Farewell Friends
Snayke's Bottomline

lukethedrifter wrote:I almost never listen to any of them any longer but I found Cam Janssen to be the unlistenable bro-ey one.
I've never actually listened to Cam because I don't care about the Blues, but TJ is just the worst. What makes it even more bizarre is that he's the one guy the "Fanpin" feels comfortable enough to criticize without Dear Leader cracking down. He was obnoxious and abrasive on the show with McKernan and Edmonds and really found his inner Hot Take with the Mizzou protests. His smoothie business must not be taking off.

Farewell Friends
Snayke's Bottomline

McKerkan made cryptic comments this morning about TMA coming to its end.

Tim
Consider him admonished

Post by Tim »

Can I just say once more than Hochman has absolutely ruined Goold's podcast. His giggling annoys me. His baseball knowledge is about on par with mine and I am listening to learn more. I'd kill to have DG and BM back

Farewell Friends
Snayke's Bottomline

I haven't heard Hochman do any hits on 590 since their show was dropped four months ago. I've heard him once on Wheeler's show on 101. Apparently someone told him he's not a great radio guest. It seems like he isn't writing that much either.

I listened to every segment of every TMA for about three years until October 2015 when the Mizzou incident happened and Doug Vaughn was allowed to unleash his inner Sean Hannity. I listened less and less throughout 2016 since it became 97.1 and have mostly checked out in 2017. Yesterday I tune in and Doug is talking about snow flakes and the texters are going off about what it means to be woke(?). I wondered why I bothered and went back to Stern.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

Farewell Friends
Snayke's Bottomline

TL;DR if you don't want, but Tim McKernan is no longer running 590 or in position to buy the station and dear god we might get Kevin Slaten Part 5:

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/other/me ... b7db2.html

Farewell Friends
Snayke's Bottomline

Frank O. Pinion is leaving KTRS for...KFNS. TJ Moe will take his poor man Clay Travis schtick to 1-3 pm. Martin Kilcoyne gets moved to the last hour of Cusumano's show.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/other/me ... 4eee0.html