The Official WTF Thread

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Re: The Official WTF Thread

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

Fat Strat
Official GRB Sponsor of Larry Bigbie

Post by Fat Strat »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:
I understand those students being upset at the centerpiece at the President's house as well as the menu.

I don't understand outrage over Hobby Lobby selling stalks of cotton.

I know as a culture we're all into outrage now, but context matters.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

https://jezebel.com/man-convicted-of-ra ... 1819285902

I'm absolutely livid after reading this. A 12 year old girl. How in the world can this judge live with himself? Not only do I agree that this was most likely done as a way to cut back the girl's benefits but what kind of a monster releases the current address of somebody who was kidnapped and raped at 12 years old TO THE GUY WHO KIDNAPPED AND RAPED HER???

I can't even imagine what the trauma and subsequent pregnancy has done to that poor girl's life (I'd be shocked if she wasn't on food stamps, that's got to mess up a kid's life) and to come back 9 years later and grant joint custody to the man who kidnapped and raped her and never even requested any rights should be a crime. Does she have any legal recourse for giving her information away to the man who was convicted of kidnapping and raping her as a minor?

I don't actively wish any harm on this judge but if he were to get killed by a runaway bus tomorrow, I wouldn't shed a tear.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

tlombard wrote:https://jezebel.com/man-convicted-of-ra ... 1819285902

I'm absolutely livid after reading this. A 12 year old girl. How in the world can this judge live with himself? Not only do I agree that this was most likely done as a way to cut back the girl's benefits but what kind of a monster releases the current address of somebody who was kidnapped and raped at 12 years old TO THE GUY WHO KIDNAPPED AND RAPED HER???

I can't even imagine what the trauma and subsequent pregnancy has done to that poor girl's life (I'd be shocked if she wasn't on food stamps, that's got to mess up a kid's life) and to come back 9 years later and grant joint custody to the man who kidnapped and raped her and never even requested any rights should be a crime. Does she have any legal recourse for giving her information away to the man who was convicted of kidnapping and raping her as a minor?

I don't actively wish any harm on this judge but if he were to get killed by a runaway bus tomorrow, I wouldn't shed a tear.

I saw that and assumed that their must be more to the story. No?

Smith Corks One
All-Star

Post by Smith Corks One »

I mean...how do you get only 1 year and serve 7 months for kidnapping and child rape to begin with?

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

The guy was able to plea down to 'attempted sexual assault' or something and the judge said that as a first offender, a long jail sentence would just result in him coming out even more messed up and more likely to offend again. Complete BS especially since he did offend again and still only got four years somehow.

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

Freed Roger wrote:
fist fights are so last century. He should have just screwed with the other guys butt plug.