TV Thread - beware, [expletive] can get spoilery

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Re: TV Thread - beware, [expletive] can get spoilery

Post by ghostrunner »

go birds wrote:since this season of westworld was such a cluster.....
[SHOW]
Was there every any indication in season 1 or this season that william for sure wasn't just at the park by himself in the far future?

Like did he ever interact with any human, indicating that he was on the same timeline as everyone else?

MY thinking, after the credits scene, is that william and most of what we've seen of him, is a host stuck on endless loop inside the park, looking for a way out and never being able to to find one, thus being stuck in his own personal hell.
If only that were true. That would at least be interesting.

They had 3 good episodes this season. Akecheta's, Maeve in Shogun World, and the one with James Delos. Other than that, what a mess.

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

anyone catch the premier last week of "yellowstone" on the paramount network? (whatever the hell that station is)

seems pretty damn good i thought...created by Taylor Sheridan (same guy who wrote/created sicario, sicario 2, hell or high water, wind river)...kevin costner is the lead in it

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

cardsfantx wrote:anyone catch the premier last week of "yellowstone" on the paramount network? (whatever the hell that station is)

seems pretty damn good i thought...created by Taylor Sheridan (same guy who wrote/created sicario, sicario 2, hell or high water, wind river)...kevin costner is the lead in it
I saw an ad for it and wanted to watch but I don't have that station

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

IMADreamer wrote:
cardsfantx wrote:anyone catch the premier last week of "yellowstone" on the paramount network? (whatever the hell that station is)

I saw an ad for it and wanted to watch but I don't have that station
you might...the channel used to be Spike TV

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

I had no idea Spike changed their name. In my day a network was a network forever by gum.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

Just wrapped up season 2 of Westworld. To echo Go Birds and Ghostrunner, "what a mess."

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

thrill wrote:
Smith Corks One wrote:
BottenFieldofDreams wrote:I decided I didn't want to sign up for 13 hours of it, but I really appreciated how raw The Staircase was after watching the first three and the last episodes. I read about it from there--including the owl theory. Other true crime docs like Making a Murderer, or more recently the conclusion of Evil Genius--IMO, can feel ham-fisted. But The Staircase really demonstrates how messy justice is or can be in a really organic way. Fascinating characters, too. Maybe I'll go back to it. It is a bit slow and my hopper is full.
This is kind of an older thing, right? Or is there a new series on this topic? I remember watching a show about it a couple/few years ago, but as is usually the case with just about anything I watch, don't remember much about it. Okay, I just Googled it and it says it's from 2004, but there are lots of articles from just the last couple of days about the "owl theory." So is this something new/separate from the miniseries?
Netflix added the series with some new episodes from present day.
Just watched almost all of it. Got 1 1/2 episodes to go. I have some questions but none to do with an “owl theory”. Did i back out? I didn’t see anything about an owl theory in the series.

Mostly I was wondering about the filming and how it came to be- timing, access, etc.

Smith Corks One
All-Star

Post by Smith Corks One »

lukethedrifter wrote:
thrill wrote:
Smith Corks One wrote:
BottenFieldofDreams wrote:I decided I didn't want to sign up for 13 hours of it, but I really appreciated how raw The Staircase was after watching the first three and the last episodes. I read about it from there--including the owl theory. Other true crime docs like Making a Murderer, or more recently the conclusion of Evil Genius--IMO, can feel ham-fisted. But The Staircase really demonstrates how messy justice is or can be in a really organic way. Fascinating characters, too. Maybe I'll go back to it. It is a bit slow and my hopper is full.
This is kind of an older thing, right? Or is there a new series on this topic? I remember watching a show about it a couple/few years ago, but as is usually the case with just about anything I watch, don't remember much about it. Okay, I just Googled it and it says it's from 2004, but there are lots of articles from just the last couple of days about the "owl theory." So is this something new/separate from the miniseries?
Netflix added the series with some new episodes from present day.
Just watched almost all of it. Got 1 1/2 episodes to go. I have some questions but none to do with an “owl theory”. Did i back out? I didn’t see anything about an owl theory in the series.

Mostly I was wondering about the filming and how it came to be- timing, access, etc.
I just finished re-watching it with the 3 new episodes. I was also surprised at no mention of the owl theory (although Rudolf alludes to it very obliquely in the last episode when he's talking about how we'll never really know what happened). So then I searched online, and there are some pretty good articles about it and why it was never mentioned in court or in the series. Apparently, if Peterson had chosen to be re-tried, there's a good chance that it would have been brought up in the new trial.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Staircase:
[SHOW]
They left the blood spattered all over the stairwell walls for years while he still lived in the house and no one thought that was odd?

Smith Corks One
All-Star

Post by Smith Corks One »

lukethedrifter wrote:Staircase:
[SHOW]
They left the blood spattered all over the stairwell walls for years while he still lived in the house and no one thought that was odd?
[SHOW]
I know! When I realized that, I was like "what the [expletive]." I mean, I guess I get why they had to leave it there, but it was pretty [expletive] up when the daughters, sons, and everybody were there for a party and just remembering that their mom's blood is still sprayed everywhere.