TV Thread - beware, [expletive] can get spoilery

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Re: TV Thread - beware, [expletive] can get spoilery

Post by ghostrunner »

Michael wrote:
ghostrunner wrote:The Expanse, y'all. You need to hop this train.
Did you like the show immediately? I watched the first two episodes and I didn't care for it.
I did. I recall it really picks up around episode 4 though. Maybe it's just sci-fi geekiness on my part, but I feel like it ought to appeal outside the genre similar to Game of Thrones. Has a nice blend of politics, characters, realism, and the more fantastical stuff which bleeds in slowly. In fact the way the "blue stuff" is handled in the pilot and the series reminds me a lot of how the White Walkers are handled on GOT, maybe deliberately so.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

"13 Reasons Why" on Netflix is really good.Takes the high school problems I faced to an entirely different level, but I also didn't go to high school in the era of Twitter/Facebook/Instagram, etc. Hell, I don't even think text messaging was a thing.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

friendly reminder that BETTER CALL SAUL starts tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cardsfansince82
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.

Post by cardsfansince82 »

If you didn't catch the Louis CK SNL I would suggest heading over to youtube and watching the entire thing. The Lawyer, Sectionals, Tenement Museum, Birthday Clown, etc. It's all good.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

go birds wrote:friendly reminder that BETTER CALL SAUL starts tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know it's typical Gilligan M.O., but the episode dragged. I like watching Mike be methodical as much as the next guy, but that was like 20 minutes of him taking apart a bug and putting it back together.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

heyzeus wrote:
go birds wrote:friendly reminder that BETTER CALL SAUL starts tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know it's typical Gilligan M.O., but the episode dragged. I like watching Mike be methodical as much as the next guy, but that was like 20 minutes of him taking apart a bug and putting it back together.
lol i was thinking the same exact thing. it dragged on so long that i forgot where he was going with it.

also, since its been so long, i need a refresher on what Saul admitted to in the recording.

was it changing the names on the court docs?

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

heyzeus wrote:
What was going on...wasn't really paying attention and didn't pick everything up.

Did he find out what it was, keep it with him, then replace it with his own so he could track them when they picked it up? If so, where did he place their original tracking device when they picked it up? Surely they would notice that it wasn't the original tracking device when their monitor started showing the location getting farther away after they picked it up, no?

What was the gas cap he set on the top of the shack and wouldn't they notice it was a different car that they picked up the gas cap from?

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

go birds wrote:
heyzeus wrote:
lol i was thinking the same exact thing. it dragged on so long that i forgot where he was going with it.

also, since its been so long, i need a refresher on what Saul admitted to in the recording.

the address

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

go birds wrote:
heyzeus wrote:

He admitted to altering the documents from Chuck's file knowing Chuck would use the incorrect addresses in the file and then submit the application with the wrong address. Apparently that's a felony.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
heyzeus wrote:
What was going on...wasn't really paying attention and didn't pick everything up.

Did he find out what it was, keep it with him, then replace it with his own so he could track them when they picked it up? If so, where did he place their original tracking device when they picked it up? Surely they would notice that it wasn't the original tracking device when their monitor started showing the location getting farther away after they picked it up, no?

What was the gas cap he set on the top of the shack and wouldn't they notice it was a different car that they picked up the gas cap from?
I believe he removed their bug, and wore down the battery. The guys that bugged his car had to come back and replace it, but he had switched in his own identical bug, so that they'd bring it home and he could track them. I assume that by the time they realize they have in their possession a new bug, Mike will have tracked them down.

We don't know who it is that was following Mike yet, but there's about a 99% chance it's a certain Ozzie Smith lookalike who runs a chicken chain.