TV Thread - beware, [expletive] can get spoilery

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Re: TV Thread - beware, [expletive] can get spoilery

Post by lukethedrifter »

Making of a Murderer: Season 2

To be honest, I’m kind of tired of Steven and any scene he’s in. The legal aspect is compelling. As are the lawyers.

Creepiest person so far?
[SHOW]
Lynn Hartman
2nd place: Len Kachinsky
3rd place: Dr Phil

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

Curse of Oak Island. going to be nothing left of that piece of land when they are thru with it. Reminds me of ending of The Conversation -Gene Hackman tearing apart his apt.

Oh yeah, they've found treasure...that is treasure for contractors hired to dig and blow this place up.

Most punchable -Marty Lagina. His brother, kind of pity him I while admire him. How is that possible? The bratty son and or nephew- punchable. The entourage of old historians and ex treasure hunters etc hanging around...I kind of like em, even though their sole purpose is to raise their eyebrows.

Maybe I should punch myself for watching. Secrets.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Freed Roger

Post by Freed Roger »

Netflix doc "Tricky Dick and The Man in Black" is worth a watch. Footage of Johnny Cash tooling around with June Carter in the van, that is worth the hour alone.

Kind of interesting profile of Cash. Here is a fiercely independent patriotic, humane, champion of the underdog, Southerner, walking the line of a divided turbulent America.
[SHOW]
Which I kind of thought made a better theme than this overblown tie-in with Nixon. I was not aware of the event - Cash at the WH, but the way it was billed in the documentary I assumed it must have been a lot more dramatic. Not much happened other than Cash didn't play the songs Nixon requested (Okie from Muskogee and Welfare Cadillac, ha ha) and instead played his own songs / threw in one with a more pointed message. Compared to the protest by one of the Ray Conniff singers shown in the film, it wasn't much of a shocker. Overall, I enjoyed it though- for the vintage Johnny Cash.

Freed Roger

Post by Freed Roger »

I could watch a 199 more chapters of the Ballad of Buster Scruggs

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

Michael wrote:I'm watching the new Julia Roberts show on amazon called Homecoming. I'm not in love with the show, but there's something about it that has me hooked. It's made by the same folks who created Mr. Robot so expect a slow burning unfolding mystery with plenty of stylistic flourishes. One thing I really appreciate is it's a 10 episode drama, but each episode is only 25-30 min in length which makes the decision to watch way less of a commitment.
Ultimately Homecoming wasn't worth it. Not terrible, but not good enough.

Anyway, I watched the first episode of Narcos: Mexico. It's shaping up nicely. I expect it to follow similar beats as the past seasons which isn't a bad thing.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

Hulu is a dollar a month for a year right now. That's a crazy good value.

Freed Roger

Post by Freed Roger »

Freed Roger wrote:Curse of Oak Island. going to be nothing left of that piece of land when they are thru with it. Reminds me of ending of The Conversation -Gene Hackman tearing apart his apt.

Oh yeah, they've found treasure...that is treasure for contractors hired to dig and blow this place up.

Most punchable -Marty Lagina. His brother, kind of pity him I while admire him. How is that possible? The bratty son and or nephew- punchable. The entourage of old historians and ex treasure hunters etc hanging around...I kind of like em, even though their sole purpose is to raise their eyebrows.

Maybe I should punch myself for watching. Secrets.
I admire my fellow GRBers for not (admitting) watching this show.
A bit of a breakthrough revealed on recent show, (which means it occurred last spring or summer - so how important can it really be if they are keeping the lid on it for TV alone).
[SHOW]
They hired a company to map the underground with waves from explosions.Same process probably as used for oil and natural gas exploration. The anomalies in the map they found seem to fit some working theories (there are many) they have on where treasure could be - a big pit down, with a side tunnel to the main treasure vault. So way down, then over and up. With series of tunnels that supposedly flood and when attempting to access this side tunnel with the main treasure..

Also they are going to dam off the ocean from a cove to poke around in. Of course they need to bulldoze and build a road to do bring in heavy eqpt.

Meanwhile, most all the main items of interest have been found using a hand held metal detector though, and not near the main areas of interest. (stuff that just got dropped?)

It's interesting to me in that every where man goes today there is always way more human history than we expect. For example CityMuseum has a display of pottery and stuff that's come out of old STL outhouses. Almost any hike you take, no matter how bushwhacky or remote you think it is, there is always some sort of human trace. And that is just the stuff that survives the elements.

But with this Oak Island treasure, -theory is it ranges from pirate booty, Knights of the Templar, or even pre-Columbus stuff or a combo thereof. The Holy Grail ? Shakespeare's Manuscripts? (not sure how that would survive).
One things for sure, they keep going to town on wrecking that place.

And my interest in traveling to Nova Scotia has increased as result of watching this program. Though don't care to see this island.

vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Post by vinsanity »

Michael wrote:Hulu is a dollar a month for a year right now. That's a crazy good value.
Really mad I missed that.