TV Thread - beware, [expletive] can get spoilery

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
tlombard
tl;dr

Re: TV Thread - beware, [expletive] can get spoilery

Post by tlombard »

stlouie_lipp wrote:How is he going to get the car out of the apartment?
More Turbo. Duh.

Schlich
Don't tone police me bro!

Post by Schlich »

New episode of Patriot Act finally, still funny as hell but Jon Oliver already did chinese censorship! Come on!

Schlich

Post by Schlich »

Schlich wrote:New episode of Patriot Act finally, still funny as hell but Jon Oliver already did chinese censorship! Come on!
ok i spoke too soon, the #metoo stuff is really cool

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

I just learned they're shooting a Jessie Pinkman movie for Netflix. I have a feeling people are going to hate it. People thought the finale was too cute (though not me) for how it sent off Walter. Would they really give us two more hours of Jessie suffering? Seems like it might get cute for him too.

Frankly I was hoping he would die in the finale, ideally doing something that would give him a sliver of happiness--some kind of sacrifice or vengeance or something.

Anyway, will be interesting to revisit that poor sonofabitch.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

The Good Place
[SHOW]
I’m a generally ethical person yet it would have been an easy decision to jettison Jason pretty early on.

Also, when is Chidi going to get around to talking Sartre’s Huis Clos aka No Exit which is clearly what this is based on?

Schlich

Post by Schlich »

lukethedrifter wrote:The Good Place
[SHOW]
I’m a generally ethical person yet it would have been an easy decision to jettison Jason pretty early on.

Also, when is Chidi going to get around to talking Sartre’s Huis Clos aka No Exit which is clearly what this is based on?
i dont know how i didnt see that parallel before

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Post by Famous Mortimer »

BottenFieldofDreams wrote:I just learned they're shooting a Jessie Pinkman movie for Netflix. I have a feeling people are going to hate it. People thought the finale was too cute (though not me) for how it sent off Walter. Would they really give us two more hours of Jessie suffering? Seems like it might get cute for him too.

Frankly I was hoping he would die in the finale, ideally doing something that would give him a sliver of happiness--some kind of sacrifice or vengeance or something.

The best response I saw to this news was on Twitter, and read (roughly): "remember when things had endings?" I'm just tired of the current TV model, where successful things get dragged out. You can tell the same thing is going to happen with Game Of Thrones, with sequel and prequel series and all that. Have it end! Move on to the next thing!

mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Post by mikechamp »

Famous Mortimer wrote:
BottenFieldofDreams wrote:I just learned they're shooting a Jessie Pinkman movie for Netflix. I have a feeling people are going to hate it. People thought the finale was too cute (though not me) for how it sent off Walter. Would they really give us two more hours of Jessie suffering? Seems like it might get cute for him too.

The best response I saw to this news was on Twitter, and read (roughly): "remember when things had endings?" I'm just tired of the current TV model, where successful things get dragged out. You can tell the same thing is going to happen with Game Of Thrones, with sequel and prequel series and all that. Have it end! Move on to the next thing!
But that would require more original ideas, and networks taking more risk. Ahhhhhhh!!!!

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

Not sure if it’s been mentioned already but Long Shot on Netflix is a great way to spend 40 minutes.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

Anyone else just finish Season 3 of True Detective?