TV Thread - beware, [expletive] can get spoilery

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Re: TV Thread - beware, [expletive] can get spoilery

Post by 33anda3rd »

I think the big problem with Arrested Development's fourth season was that they never had all the actors together at the same time. We didn't get those scenes of "Meanwhile, at Lucille Bluth's condo...." with Lucille, George, their four adult kids, Tobias, George Michael and Maeby all wandering in and out of one big funny scene. I watched some of the recut and didn't find that it benefitted much from the shuffle.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

I didn't dislike season 4 as much as some, but it would take a re-shoot to fix the problems. I'm interested in how the re-edit will serve the series. Also looking forward to the fourth-wall jokes about it and the criticisms of season four in the new season.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

ghostrunner wrote:
MrCrowesGarden wrote:Brooklyn Nine-Nine got canceled and that is a bummer.
And The Expanse today, though it sounds like the production company intends to shop it around.

I could actually see Netflix picking up B99.

Not sure if they'd pick up the Expanse - it's expensive given the ratings - though they've supposedly planned to focus on sci-fi. Amazon carries the previous seasons, but I've read that they don't like to do pre-existing shows.
Amazon is apparently going to pick it up for season 4.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live- ... on-1113803

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

CardsofSTL wrote:
ghostrunner wrote:
MrCrowesGarden wrote:Brooklyn Nine-Nine got canceled and that is a bummer.
And The Expanse today, though it sounds like the production company intends to shop it around.

I could actually see Netflix picking up B99.

Not sure if they'd pick up the Expanse - it's expensive given the ratings - though they've supposedly planned to focus on sci-fi. Amazon carries the previous seasons, but I've read that they don't like to do pre-existing shows.
Amazon is apparently going to pick it up for season 4.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live- ... on-1113803
Bad headline. Was following it yesterday. Still just in discussions, and even the first line of this article says that. Don't know what they were thinking and why it still isn't corrected.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Evil Genius is interesting. Probably didn't need four hours of show, but I liked it.
[SHOW]
I'm not convinced Wells wasn't a conspirator. In fact, I lean toward the conspirator turned victim theory.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

I finished the second season of 13 Reasons Why. It's still good, but not as good as the first season. Its also not as intense.
[SHOW]
except for the bathroom scene in the last episode. Holy [expletive].

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

For the perhaps less than one other person that cares - The Expanse is officially picked up by Amazon. Bezos announced himself yesterday. Said the coming “seasons” it would be an Amazon original.

I think this is the first time I’ve had a favorite show saved after seeing it canceled. Firefly and Arrested Development I was late on. Hannibal and Sarah Connor didn’t make it back. Probably a couple others I’m forgetting.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

I was glad to see AP Bio got a second season. It's pretty good, but isn't really fully humming. Maybe they can fix it up right. I think there's enough there to be excellent.

Probably too late to do it now, but I think it's a better show if the B plot revolved around the students in their own worlds, rather than the other teachers, who feel tacked on. I think they created a lot of interesting characters in the dorky students.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

evil genius on netflix is gripping and amazing.

the movie 30 minutes or less--the movie that is based off this event--is also pretty good.