TV Thread - beware, [expletive] can get spoilery

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Farewell Friends
Snayke's Bottomline

Re: TV Thread - beware, [expletive] can get spoilery

Post by Farewell Friends »

All season I kept saying that they needed higher stakes and once we got the backstory of the Stussys, it made sense. I also thought it was interesting how the theme was living in a "post-truth" world. From the opening scene where the German detective tells Yuri they are there to talk facts, to Varga spouting nonsense, to Emmitt creating an alternate version of how he ended up with the stamps, to the Stussy "serial killer", it was very depressing.

Sy saying "the world doesn't make sense anymore" was probably the line of the season.

Tim
Consider him admonished

Post by Tim »

I agree with this being the best season of Fargo, which is high praise considering what a Billy Bob honk I am.

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

Michael wrote:I'm looking forward to GLOW on netflix which lands today. I remember GLOW when I was a kid so it'll be fun watching a series loosely based on it.

Also, Alison Brie.
Really funny so far.

Also, Alison Brie nudity.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

The season finale of Better Call Saul was amazeballs.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Whoa.

Tim
Consider him admonished

Post by Tim »

Totally missed that, but that is exactly right.

Secret Weapon
Perennial All-Star

Post by Secret Weapon »

heyzeus wrote:The season finale of Better Call Saul was amazeballs.
So I'm guessing Jimmy would take over Chuck's estate, including the 3 million he just received from Hamlin? Chucks last conversation with Jimmy was telling him to embrace his sleazey side. So I wonder if he uses that money to build the Saul Goodman empire.

mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Post by mikechamp »

Anybody on here watch "Bosch"?

I just started Season 2, and while I know from Season 1 it's not 100% congruent with the books, I just finished reading Trunk Music and am disappointed (just after Ep. 1) how not close to the book it is.

I don't know why they couldn't have made Season 2 just about that book. Or, if it doesn't fill up 8 or 12 episodes, then split the season between 2 books (1st half Trunk Music; 2nd half something else).

Oh well. I'll watch the whole season, and subsequent ones, because I enjoy the book series. Just disappointed because I felt Trunk Music was a good book.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

Been rewatching breaking bad. Just getting to saul goodman character and realized he has Francesca as secretary again.

Tim
Consider him admonished

Post by Tim »

mikechamp wrote:Anybody on here watch "Bosch"?

I just started Season 2, and while I know from Season 1 it's not 100% congruent with the books, I just finished reading Trunk Music and am disappointed (just after Ep. 1) how not close to the book it is.

I don't know why they couldn't have made Season 2 just about that book. Or, if it doesn't fill up 8 or 12 episodes, then split the season between 2 books (1st half Trunk Music; 2nd half something else).

Oh well. I'll watch the whole season, and subsequent ones, because I enjoy the book series. Just disappointed because I felt Trunk Music was a good book.
Funny. I'm 100 pages into Trunk Music right now. It's been awhile since I saw season 2, but you're right, the books and seasons don't completely align. I think the years of difference play a huge part.

This upcoming season appears to be about his mother. Of course the Last Coyote covered that so again it'll be interesting to see how aligned they are.

We've enjoyed the show and I'm really enjoying the books