TV Thread - beware, [expletive] can get spoilery

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Re: TV Thread - beware, [expletive] can get spoilery

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

Michael wrote:
BottenFieldofDreams wrote:I like the Kid Cudi album.
I mostly know Kid Cudi from the forth season of Comedy Bang Bang, which is one of the greatest stoner shows of all time.

pursuit of happiness is a great track.
Kanye and Cudi released Kids See Ghosts earlier this year.

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

InvincibleCakeEater wrote:
heyzeus wrote:The Good Place returns tonight, and I'm so forking excited.
Very excited to see what way they're going to go.
This show is so good.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

Did a single Internet outlet understand South Park's "trolling" of The Simpsons?

Good Lord the web is stupid.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

anybody watch this? reminds me of amy sedaris' cooking show but different

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

I know i'm a broken record about loving The Good Place, but last night's episode's scene where Chidi eats a giant bowl of Peeps Chili while telling his philisophy students that life is meaningless was just so wonderfully enjoyable.

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

heyzeus wrote:I know i'm a broken record about loving The Good Place, but last night's episode's scene where Chidi eats a giant bowl of Peeps Chili while telling his philisophy students that life is meaningless was just so wonderfully enjoyable.
just started watching, and am halfway through season 1

one thing; please tell me Jason calms down/is less annoying as the series goes on? it's a damn funny show, but every scene he's in (now that he's speaking) is ruined for me...

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

cardsfantx wrote:
heyzeus wrote:I know i'm a broken record about loving The Good Place, but last night's episode's scene where Chidi eats a giant bowl of Peeps Chili while telling his philisophy students that life is meaningless was just so wonderfully enjoyable.

one thing; please tell me Jason calms down/is less annoying as the series goes on? it's a damn funny show, but every scene he's in (now that he's speaking) is ruined for me...
Not to give anything away, maybe he calmed down. Maybe he just grew on me. Either way, at the beginning I thought he was slightly annoying also but now I think he is my absolute favorite character on the show. He's great.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

I also had no clue that Chidi is pretty ripped. I did NOT see that coming when the shirt came off. For a guy who can't make a decision on anything... how did he ever decide to go to the gym? How did he decide which gym to go to? When should he go? Should he start with a leg day or arms?

There is no way Chidi should look like that without a shirt on.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

cardsfantx wrote:

If anything, the show probably amps up the traits you don't like as it goes. As my man Vinsanity said, Jason is a prime example of https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Flanderization - taking a single trait of a character and exaggerating it until it becomes the character. Some will find the "Jason is dumb" antics annoying, which I get, but I try to just enjoy the absurdist humor of his idiocy.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

heyzeus wrote:
cardsfantx wrote:

If anything, the show probably amps up the traits you don't like as it goes. As my man Vinsanity said, Jason is a prime example of https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Flanderization - taking a single trait of a character and exaggerating it until it becomes the character. Some will find the "Jason is dumb" antics annoying, which I get, but I try to just enjoy the absurdist humor of his idiocy.
"I wasn't a failed DJ, I was just pre-successful."