TV Thread - beware, [expletive] can get spoilery

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Re: TV Thread

Post by thrill »

JL21 wrote:I'm going to dive into "Breaking Bad" soon. Has anyone seen it?
I saw a couple episodes. Couldn't get into it.

robbotis
Perennial All-Star

Post by robbotis »

Yes, and it rocks.
Walter White gets into all sorts of trouble. Tuco, a great bad guy. Jesse is an interesting charcter, and Mrs. White, I'll let you learn about her.

robbotis
Perennial All-Star

Post by robbotis »

thrill wrote:Seth Bullock's reprisal + Clint Eastwood from Coogan's Bluff esque attitude = new Timothy Olyphant show on FX.
http://link.brightcove.com/services/pla ... 3573506001

Of course I'll watch.
He got killed off Damages, another FX show. So, they must've really liked him.

JL21
NPR & THT Contributor

Post by JL21 »

robbotis wrote:
Yes, and it rocks.
Walter White gets into all sorts of trouble. Tuco, a great bad guy. Jesse is an interesting charcter, and Mrs. White, I'll let you learn about her.
So.... tread carefully because I haven't even quite finished the first season yet. But holy [expletive] balls, Batman- that show kicks ass.

Watching Walter White transform from Chemistry teacher to cancer patient/Meth Guy had me glued to the TV. Bryan Cranston owns that role.

cpebbles
Perennial All-Star

Post by cpebbles »

Breaking Bad is a very good show. They even squeezed Bob Odenkirk in for a few episodes. I missed most of the second season though.

Anyway, finally got around to hooking up cable and trying to remember which shows I need to set to record. Mythbusters, The Office, 30 Rock, The Simpsons (I missed almost half the episodes after season 10, but they're bad enough that I'm not going out of my way to watch them, so I'll just DVR them as they show up), Breaking Bad, It's Always Sunny... Is that really all the shows that I like?

robbotis
Perennial All-Star

Post by robbotis »

cpebbles wrote:Breaking Bad is a very good show. They even squeezed Bob Odenkirk in for a few episodes. I missed most of the second season though.

Anyway, finally got around to hooking up cable and trying to remember which shows I need to set to record. Mythbusters, The Office, 30 Rock, The Simpsons (I missed almost half the episodes after season 10, but they're bad enough that I'm not going out of my way to watch them, so I'll just DVR them as they show up), Breaking Bad, It's Always Sunny... Is that really all the shows that I like?
Check out Sons of Anarchy on FX. The 2nd season starts in a week or two. Sweet show, written by the guy who did The Shield. About a crazy biker gang. It even is loosely intertwined w/ The Shield, as the gang, the 1 Niners are involved.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

robbotis wrote:
cpebbles wrote:Breaking Bad is a very good show. They even squeezed Bob Odenkirk in for a few episodes. I missed most of the second season though.

Check out Sons of Anarchy on FX. The 2nd season starts in a week or two. Sweet show, written by the guy who did The Shield. About a crazy biker gang. It even is loosely intertwined w/ The Shield, as the gang, the 1 Niners are involved.
I love Sons of Anarchy.

longhornbaseball
Perennial All-Star

Post by longhornbaseball »

stlouie_lipp wrote:
clevername wrote:I don't know much about McHale, but the show looks interesting. It's one of the few new network shows I'll be checking out.

Can't wait for It's Always Sunny... to get started back up again.
Anyone know when?
September 17th...
[/youtube]

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

cpebbles
Perennial All-Star

Post by cpebbles »

Louis CK is awesome, but this had better turn out better than his HBO show, because it deserved to be canceled. I was hoping the next time he got a shot he'd go for something different because he's a genuinely very funny guy and his show shouldn't need to mirror his standup routine to be funny. I guess I'll just hope that he adapts his routine better this time, since it seems to be the same basic premise.