Netflix

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
letsgocards89
Perennial All-Star

Re: Netflix

Post by letsgocards89 »

Swirls wrote:
letsgocards89 wrote:Also, Netflix and NBC Universal just agreed to a content streaming deal this week. Starting October 1st you can stream NBC and SciFi shows such as SNL, 30 Rock, The Office, and Battlestar Galactica.

/pumped for BSG streaming
IT'S SYFY NOW, NOT SCIFI!!!!!!!!!!

/hates the new name and wishes it was still SciFi
Me too. Refusing to acknowledge it is my silent (and useless) protest.

letsgocards89
Perennial All-Star

Post by letsgocards89 »

PS3 is getting a Netflix app integrated into the XBar on Monday. Streaming 1080p or 1080i depending on what story you read, along with 5.1 sound.

Slider
All-Star

Post by Slider »

Love netflix. It is so great that I, as well as others here, dropped cable and save money. We get 1 dvd at a time and when it is sent off, we just watch streaming...Especially Quantum Leap and 21 Jump Street! It is a must

TGantz
R-E-S-P-E-C-T...What Dr Pepper Means to Me

Post by TGantz »

I don't understand how I can start picking stuff to watch instantly on my Xbox. Can I only see what they offer on the watch instantly section of Xbox? Like if I want to add certain movies, how do I add it to my queue?

EDIT-Nevermind, I got it.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Netflix raising prices

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/15/media/ne ... index.html

Yeah the OP and LP of this thread is from 2010 but it would be wrong to start a new thread when this one exists.
Netflix is raising prices in the United States as the streaming service invests heavily in new programs.

All three of the company's plans will increase in price by $1-$2. The standard $11 plan, for example, will increase to $13 per month.
The price hikes will be applied to all existing members over the next few months. New members will be charged the new price immediately. Its $8 plan will go up to $9 and its $14 plan will go up to $16 a month.
I am not balking on Netflix for raising prices yet...but was kind of curious what everyone thought of Netflix and its evolution. I have had Netflix longer than I have ever had a cable or satellite package; which when it first came out I saw an internet banner ad and was thinking; that sounds shady AF. But now it is basically the Cadillac of content. But there is a lot more competition now...Hulu, Amazon Prime, CBS All Access, Disney's eventual service. Does anyone see the price increase as a problem; other than you don't want to pay more money obviously? I feel like the quality of their original content continues to improve; but I am sometimes disappointed in the availability or lack thereof; of content that is not Netflix Original. Is it because I have weird tastes and no one else watches what I am looking for; so Netflix has no demand for it? Or have you seen some of the same thing?