Selling my CDs.

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Re: Selling my CDs.

Post by lukethedrifter »

G. Keenan wrote:Are those Stax records on vinyl? If so, how much are you selling them for? I might be able to take those off your hands.
Not records.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Up to $521. Hope the other place has interest in the ones that Euclid Records did not,

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

Not going to bother selling my CDs, but realized I am about to be done with CDs, in a practical sense, due to trade-in of my 2004 vehicle. It was nice to have the CD player as a back up, as music radio is pure awful over half the time (saved by random KDHX programs, at least when local.)

I've had the same 6 in the car for about a decade. Two Son Volt albums, a couple of Steve Earles and two live Neil Young (one of the Weld, and his unplugged).

While I'm looking forward to easy streaming and less searching for something palatable on the radio, I have to admit I'm going to miss having that on standby. No more Transformer Man, doo do doo do do to pick me out of the rut. No more Guitar Town ready to roll when needed. No more blasting that distorted live version of, Hey hey my My. No more musing over what it means to snort your father or wonder about that place in North Ontario.

Also, in my move, I found the box with at least 100 CDs. I just moved them to the attic where they will probably never be heard from again (shelf life). Some lucky heir will get the honors of laughing at my poor taste when I was in CD buying mode, before tossing them out.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

I've been trying to get rid of stuff that just clutters up my house. I keep looking at my CDs and DVDs and thinking "you're next".

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

We bought a new car this year, and a CD player wasn't even an option. The next care you buy, most likely you won't even be able to have a CD player if you want one. I'm not taking this very well.

Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

heyzeus wrote:We bought a new car this year, and a CD player wasn't even an option. The next care you buy, most likely you won't even be able to have a CD player if you want one. I'm not taking this very well.
My 2014 Ram 1500 does not have a CD player. Only a big 8" touchscreen with apps. I'm actually going to trade it in within the next couple days, as I've been looking at older SUVs to eliminate a car payment - a couple ones I've test driven still have tape decks in them, and they're like 2007 models (obviously they also have a CD player).

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Got my stepdaughter a trove of Oxford American Music Issue cds and sunuvabitch she doesn’t have anything to play them in.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

heyzeus wrote:We bought a new car this year, and a CD player wasn't even an option. The next care you buy, most likely you won't even be able to have a CD player if you want one. I'm not taking this very well.
How will you play kids' music? a kids music playlist or streaming channel, ughh! When I did the Raffi, I had to go all-Willy-Wallaby-in.

I guess you can go ahead and only feed them your music and maybe they'll just think that is all there is - kind of like starting kids off with only vegetables and healthy food. Pffft, like any parent(s) have the vigilance to pull that off. One trip to a friend's house*, and they are toast. Actually the impending backlash from hiding that awful music and food from them could be worse than outright exposure.

*we were typically that friend's house.
/endtangent

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

My Ram 1500 has a slot in the center console to insert a flash drive - I have huge playlists on those suckers - better than having CD's...

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

Freed Roger wrote:
How will you play kids' music? a kids music playlist or streaming channel, ughh! When I did the Raffi, I had to go all-Willy-Wallaby-in.

I guess you can go ahead and only feed them your music and maybe they'll just think that is all there is - kind of like starting kids off with only vegetables and healthy food. Pffft, like any parent(s) have the vigilance to pull that off. One trip to a friend's house*, and they are toast. Actually the impending backlash from hiding that awful music and food from them could be worse than outright exposure.

*we were typically that friend's house.
/endtangent
My 8 year old's favorite song is Echo and The Bunnymen - Lips like Suger. I am an awesome parent.