Cooking, BBQing, Food, etc

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Re: Cooking, BBQing, Food, etc

Post by stlouie_lipp »

lukethedrifter wrote:Image

That's right.
Jesus.

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Post by jim »

I about got sick just looking at that. And then I tried to imagine the flavor and then started gagging.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

I was making fun of that abomination at work this morning when my coworker reminded me that I ate and enjoyed this:
http://www.travelchannel.com/shows/carn ... for-a-king

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Post by jim »

thrill wrote:I was making fun of that abomination at work this morning when my coworker reminded me that I ate and enjoyed this:
That looks pretty damn good. I could see where it might be the healthiest sandwich in the world, but at least it would taste good. That fried chicken sandwich hot dog thing? Good lord. I'm not a fan at all of either of those by themselves, let alone putting them together.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

thrill wrote:I was making fun of that abomination at work this morning when my coworker reminded me that I ate and enjoyed this:
I know you're trying to be fair but no. That torta, though over the top, looks delicious.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

“CHEFS TODAY ARE NOTHING BUT A BUNCH OF PUNKS”
http://www.downeast.com/chefs-today-are ... A.facebook

There is no sign out front of 148 South Maine Street in Rockland. The bunker-like structure is kept darkened, its windows and entryway willfully obscured. Should you be brave of heart and venture inside between the hours of 5 and 8 p.m., two things will greet you: a woman bearing a wary eye, and the enticing aroma of sautéing garlic. On your right will be a large green chalkboard listing a number of different menu items, and just beyond this a small, oddly appointed dining room. To the left, a half-open door leads to a highly chaotic kitchen.
Legend has it that if you know what’s good for you, you will turn neither your attention nor your curiosity leftward. Just leave the kitchen — and the man inside it — be. This man does not wish to chat idly or shake hands or listen to how you discovered this unusual place. He isn’t interested in your accolades, however well intentioned, and he doesn’t want to be your best friend, either.

All the man wants is to feed you. After that, he would just as soon be left alone.

The Third Man
It rubs the lotion on its skin.

Post by The Third Man »

Rave: Went to Jack Stack for lunch today and got a pick-three of pork short end, beef burnt ends, and lamb ribs. Holy cow, the lamb ribs. Most tender meat I've ever eaten in my life.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

So the birthday party in Nashville that I went to, Peg Leg was there but just as a guest. His ma and my aunt are close friends from a hundred years ago.
I was prepared to be disappointed by the bbq since PL Porker wasn't doing it. Boy was I wrong. Some amateur made some of the best ribs and chicken that I have ever had. I was only sorry I couldn't stuff more in my face. That chicken was the best I've ever had.

slide_into_first
is unaware that dangerous is the real Tyler Durden

Post by slide_into_first »

I made soup by chopping one cabbage, adding a sliced up onion and several bell peppers with the stem and seeds removed, plus two jalapeños in a store bought beef broth. After starting to boil it simmered on low heat for thirty minutes. I do it this way often. After cooling several hours I put in a vita mix blender to puree it and it turned into soup with a huge amount of foam. It tastes OK but I don't know why it foamed up. It never did before. Please, no jokes as I am very sensitive about vegetable soup.

slide_into_first
is unaware that dangerous is the real Tyler Durden

Post by slide_into_first »