First world problems

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Schlich
Don't tone police me bro!

Re: First world problems

Post by Schlich »

InvincibleCakeEater wrote:Wendy's got rid of spicy chicken nuggets. I am legit sad about it.
WHAT?!?!?

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

Schlich wrote:
InvincibleCakeEater wrote:Wendy's got rid of spicy chicken nuggets. I am legit sad about it.
WHAT?!?!?
https://www.thrillist.com/news/nation/w ... en-nuggets

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

The self canceling on my turn signal quit.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

Burger King has 10 chicken nuggets for $1.49 which sounds like a great deal. Well, it would be if they were more like McDonald's nuggets which I will eat way too many of once or twice a year. BK's chicken nuggets are exactly the same ones you can buy in the frozen food section and I swear they even bake them, they weren't even any crisper (or whatever) than ones I used to make in the oven when I was younger.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

IMADreamer wrote:The self canceling on my turn signal quit.
That reminds me of my first car. I miss that car. It was an '86 Merkur xr4ti. Only lasted two months though. With my dad being a mechanic, he got the car off of a customer for $50 (what the guy owed) because he didn't want to pay what it would cost to actually fix the car. Well, my dad didn't either. My dad slapped some brakes on it and gave it to me for my 16th birthday and told me to drive it however I wanted because the motor was going to go within a month or two and then they'd give me something else.

What you really reminded me of is that the blinker switch was bad on the car when my dad got it and a new one would have been $100. My dad didn't see any use in spending that money so he opened it up and soldered the blinker switch so that I had to manually flip it to make the blinkers blink. If I held it up or down (or just worked it like normal) then the blinker would just stay on solid. For the first two months I drove, I literally had to blink my own blinkers!

I was very sad driving home from work at my uncle's factory with white smoke trailing me from South St. Louis all the way to North County when the thing finally went. That car was way cooler than what it was replaced by, a 1986 Cavalier Z24 with a smashed in front driver side corner... and missing second gear. Drove that car for a solid year without second gear before the transmission blew up. Once I learned how to work the gas pedal right, you couldn't even really tell it was missing. Man... I drove some junk the first year or so after getting my license.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

Last week's rental car didn't have bluetooth or a backup camera. #vacationruined

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

Radbird wrote:Last week's rental car didn't have bluetooth or a backup camera. #vacationruined
What sort of cut rate rental company did you use? No Bluetooth? Did they think you were a savage?

Gashouse
Perennial All-Star

Post by Gashouse »

I bought a bag of chips that had a built in ziplock to keep things fresh. The part of the top of the bag that had the notch in the side to make it easy to tear it open smoothly wasn't below the adhesive to close the bag, and then there was still too much adhesive to open it by pulling the sides apart. I had to get scissors.

Gashouse
Perennial All-Star

Post by Gashouse »

My garbage pick up is on Fridays. We do all our yard work on the weekends, so when I fill something like 8 lawn bags with leaves and branches, I have to figure out a place to store them all week until the garbage man comes on Friday. Usually it's in the garage since we have lots of crap out in the garage all summer - bikes, camping gear, sports stuff, etc - but they take up a lot of space.

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

Gashouse wrote:My garbage pick up is on Fridays. We do all our yard work on the weekends, so when I fill something like 8 lawn bags with leaves and branches, I have to figure out a place to store them all week until the garbage man comes on Friday. Usually it's in the garage since we have lots of crap out in the garage all summer - bikes, camping gear, sports stuff, etc - but they take up a lot of space.
and don't forget, after a few days smell wonderful