First world problems

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Michael
GRB Founder

Re: First world problems

Post by Michael »

Every two weeks my wife says "the maid is coming tomorrow" which is code for "pick your underwear off the floor she doesn't deserve to deal with that".

I'm always annoyed I have to make the effort.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

Michael wrote:Every two weeks my wife says "the maid is coming tomorrow" which is code for "pick your underwear off the floor she doesn't deserve to deal with that".

I'm always annoyed I have to make the effort.
I can't tell you how many times I have texted my cleaning lady to delay her coming for a couple days because I was too lazy to pick up my underwear in a timely fashion. I have serious issues.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

yall need to get your money's worth imo

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

I think there are at least 3 STL concerts that I'd really like to see(Isbell, Son Volt, Bottle Rockets) but am on vacation trips at the time.

Isbell -is also a near miss while in Oregon again.

Diddy
Perennial All-Star

Post by Diddy »

When I got picked up at the airport yesterday he was driving the Audi R8, I tried putting my luggage where I thought the trunk would be. The trunk wasn’t there

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

I was late to work this morning because my phone was completely dead and my alarms didn't go off to wake me up. I remember being able to function without a phone but these days, I'm in trouble if something happens to it. I don't even have a stand alone alarm clock to make sure i get out of bed on time anymore.

I plugged my phone in yesterday evening and then never looked at it again until this morning when it was completely dead and would not turn on. I was afraid the phone was busted but before getting too ticked off I tried plugging my Nintendo Switch into the same charger and it wouldn't charge either.

Of course I kept pulling my phone out of my pocket constantly on the way to work to check the time even though I knew it wouldn't be any use. Thankfully when I got to the office I plugged it into the charger that I keep on my desk and it immediately started charger so now I have my phone back. I'm going to have to stop on the way home tonight and buy a couple of spare chargers/cables just to have backups. I used to have one at home, one at work and one in my bag at all times but over time two of the three have broken so now I'm down to just one for the moment.

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

tlombard wrote:I was late to work this morning because my phone was completely dead and my alarms didn't go off to wake me up. I remember being able to function without a phone but these days, I'm in trouble if something happens to it. I don't even have a stand alone alarm clock to make sure i get out of bed on time anymore.

I plugged my phone in yesterday evening and then never looked at it again until this morning when it was completely dead and would not turn on. I was afraid the phone was busted but before getting too ticked off I tried plugging my Nintendo Switch into the same charger and it wouldn't charge either.

Of course I kept pulling my phone out of my pocket constantly on the way to work to check the time even though I knew it wouldn't be any use. Thankfully when I got to the office I plugged it into the charger that I keep on my desk and it immediately started charger so now I have my phone back. I'm going to have to stop on the way home tonight and buy a couple of spare chargers/cables just to have backups. I used to have one at home, one at work and one in my bag at all times but over time two of the three have broken so now I'm down to just one for the moment.
My wife uses her phone for her alarms all the time. I can't do it. I like my clock radio alarm clock by the bed side. It never lets me down.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

I may pick up an actual alarm clock tonight after work just to be safe in the future. I also have an alarm set on my iPad which did go off Monday morning but the iPad was in my bag in another room so I never heard it. That has worked as a backup quite well in the past because it was always right near me.

A bit ago I bought a Windows 2-in-1 tablet/laptop that I love though so the iPad hasn't been leaving my bag very often and I might just stop carrying it at all and leave it at work. The backup alarm on the iPad doesn't work if it isn't always right near me like it had been in the past.

haltz
Hall Of Famer

Post by haltz »

I just pulled out one of those first-class armrest tray tables right into my nuts.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

I opened a new checking account at a new bank. My new checks came in the mail yesterday. They start at 100.