Music talk Thread

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by lukethedrifter »

Music lovers near Bloomington Ill need to get tix to see John Hyatt stat. He’s playing Fri night. 30th anniversary of Slow Turning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOTH6AemEL4

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

[expletive].... we maybe have to cancel plans. I've seen John Hyatt several times but never with the goners.

Schlich
Don't tone police me bro!

Post by Schlich »

Michael wrote:I moved to google music a few years ago and I haven't looked back. It is a great way to find new music and a fun way listen to old stuff you vaguely remember. Since subscribing I've also started listening to classical and ambient music at work which I find to be very helpful.

I've heard google music is the best and i even jumped on a 4 month free trial but the sunk cost into spotify is already extremely deep for me

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

I use spotify free on my xbox and I use amazon music on my cellphone. If I wasn't already paying for amazon I would probably do spotify. I'm just being really cautious about my subscription services ballooning. I already have

Amazon
HBO
EA access
Xbox live

I feel like that's probably where I should be.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

IMADreamer wrote:[expletive].... we maybe have to cancel plans. I've seen John Hyatt several times but never with the goners.
I’d make the trip but i have to be at work at 630am on Sat.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

There's a new rule in our house: no face tattoos until you get your PhD.

While this may feel a propos of nothing: right now rap is Drake, who is whack, and 100 nineteen year-olds named Lil Dip with colorful hair and face tattoos (also Kendrick and The Black Panther Album, Chance and a bunch of talented guys that don't fit the narrative I'm building here).

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

BottenFieldofDreams wrote:There's a new rule in our house: no face tattoos until you get your PhD.

While this may feel a propos of nothing: right now rap is Drake, who is whack, and 100 nineteen year-olds named Lil Dip with colorful hair and face tattoos (also Kendrick and The Black Panther Album, Chance and a bunch of talented guys that don't fit the narrative I'm building here).
playa hatin degree?

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

Saw Jack White last night in Milwaukee. It was one of the best concerts I've seen in a long time. I wasn't sold on his new album, but after seeing him preform some of the tracks I can totally appreciate it. Got a true encore too. House lights up, stage being broken down and he came back out. He has a cell phone ban and it certainly impacted the experience and energy in the room. 3,000 people engaged in the show and not obsessed with checking out what was happening elsewhere. The giant stuffed zebra helped too.
Jack White had been rocking the Rave's Eagles Ballroom for 95 minutes, encore included, when he smiled, lined up with his bandmates at the end of the stage and took a bow.

Then the house lights came on, roadies started stripping the stage and the sound of Louis Armstrong's "What a Wonderful World" filled the ballroom.

Sorry, Louis. The world was not wonderful. Because there was one huge problem: White hadn't played the White Stripes' "Seven Nation Army," arguably the most beloved song he's ever made.

You've been to enough concerts to know once cords are unplugged, lights are on and the music plays, there's no going back.

But the thousands of fans on the ballroom floor would not stand down.
https://www.jsonline.com/story/entertai ... 538413002/

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

For a genius, he's always been an idiot... but I'm really hoping this new fat Kanye's full TrumBro thing is going to take a turn.