Music talk Thread

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
StatmanCrothers
Perennial All-Star

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by StatmanCrothers »

cardinalkarp wrote:
StatmanCrothers wrote:oh, hey, hi.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/Fl0ahDKR0QU[/youtube]
whoa, Statman sighting!
8-[

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

Statman! Good to see you!

StatmanCrothers
Perennial All-Star

Michael wrote:Statman! Good to see you!
hey Michael! with the apocalypse seeming ever closer, just thought i would check in and say hey

StatmanCrothers
Perennial All-Star

Jocephus wrote:my favorite band, primus, released a new album on friday - "the desaturating seven". i believe its a bit of a "concept album"...the music is based on a fantasy book les claypool would read his kids.

it features the return of drummer tim "herb" alexander, who is one of my favorites. i placed my order and it should arrive next week.
i saw primus a coupla times “back in teh day”

always a tight-knit show, great band

had really close seats one year they co headlined the HORDE festival

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

StatmanCrothers wrote:
hey Michael! with the apocalypse seeming ever closer, just thought i would check in and say hey
You are hereby ordered by your moderator overlords to stick around a post s'more. Otherwise we'll asses all those overdue GRB membership dues you owe.

StatmanCrothers
Perennial All-Star

heyzeus wrote:
StatmanCrothers wrote:
You are hereby ordered by your moderator overlords to stick around a post s'more. Otherwise we'll asses all those overdue GRB membership dues you owe.
hey i had forgotten you are in austin... my wife works for Dell now that they bought EMC i will probably tag along with her to Austin one of these days, she has already had a couple trips there

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

StatmanCrothers wrote:
heyzeus wrote:
StatmanCrothers wrote:
hey i had forgotten you are in austin... my wife works for Dell now that they bought EMC i will probably tag along with her to Austin one of these days, she has already had a couple trips there
Sweet! Austin is a fun city to visit - especially if it's not August. Whenever you are visiting, pm me and we'll grab a beer!

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

heyzeus wrote:
StatmanCrothers wrote:
heyzeus wrote:
StatmanCrothers wrote:
Sweet! Austin is a fun city to visit - especially if it's not August. Whenever you are visiting, pm me and we'll grab a beer!
Heading down to Austin next week for the F1 race, any suggestions on bars or good places to eat? Me and a buddy are road-tripping it down there so I'd be up for meeting for a beer if you're up for it!

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

cardinalkarp wrote:
heyzeus wrote:
StatmanCrothers wrote:
heyzeus wrote:
StatmanCrothers wrote:
Heading down to Austin next week for the F1 race, any suggestions on bars or good places to eat? Me and a buddy are road-tripping it down there so I'd be up for meeting for a beer if you're up for it!
Woo! You're staying near the arboretum, right? Pinthouse Pizza on Burnet Road has lots of good beers and decent pizza. I'll have to see if I can meet up - I have a friend staying with us and a lot of kid stuff going on too. Should be nice weather I think!

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

heyzeus wrote:
cardinalkarp wrote:
heyzeus wrote:
StatmanCrothers wrote:
heyzeus wrote:
StatmanCrothers wrote:
Woo! You're staying near the arboretum, right? Pinthouse Pizza on Burnet Road has lots of good beers and decent pizza. I'll have to see if I can meet up - I have a friend staying with us and a lot of kid stuff going on too. Should be nice weather I think!
Yessir, if Arboretum-NW is the same area. I'll shoot you a PM next week and see what your schedule looks like.