Music talk Thread

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by Famous Mortimer »

I'm getting to the boring bit of assembling this mega-collection for my brother-in-law now, all the odds and ends of live stuff from Jerry Garcia's side projects and so on. If I didn't know he did most of this just to pay for heroin, I'd be a lot more impressed with his work ethic.

Anyway, it's looking more like 1TB now than 500 gig, but the offer of copying the complete collection is still open, should anyone want it.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

10 years ago go birds would have been all over that offer

Tim
Consider him admonished

Post by Tim »

InvincibleCakeEater wrote:
Love QOTSA

Saw them in Little Rock once. Great show.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

go birds wrote:after a long hiatus, The Killers have released a new song

Catchy tune.

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

Holy [expletive], wow.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

yes yes...very good.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

I used to hate that abhorrent 80's ambiance as a punk kid. Now I hate it as a curmudgeon. Keep your synths and 6,000 feet of instrument cable, I'll take two round sticks smacking together, like at the end of the last chorus in this beauty:

However, as I condescend from Analog Mountain: I thought those sticks were called balaclavas. Claves. They're called Claves. I'm so stupid. A balaclava is a ski mask.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

BottenFieldofDreams wrote:I used to hate that abhorrent 80's ambiance as a punk kid. Now I hate it as a curmudgeon. Keep your synths and 6,000 feet of instrument cable, I'll take two round sticks smacking together, like at the end of the last chorus in this beauty:

However, as I condescend from Analog Mountain: I thought those sticks were called balaclavas. Claves. They're called Claves. I'm so stupid. A balaclava is a ski mask.
Is it ok to love the [expletive] out of Iron and Wine (that new song is great!) as well as Arcade Fire (that new song is also great!)? And to love 80s punk such as the Descendants, Husker Du, the Minutemen, et al but also the synth-leaning work of, say, early New Order?

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

New Radiohead video for a 20 year old unreleased song.

http://www.radiohead.com/deadairspace/20170622

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

heyzeus wrote:
BottenFieldofDreams wrote:I used to hate that abhorrent 80's ambiance as a punk kid. Now I hate it as a curmudgeon. Keep your synths and 6,000 feet of instrument cable, I'll take two round sticks smacking together, like at the end of the last chorus in this beauty:

Is it ok to love the [expletive] out of Iron and Wine (that new song is great!) as well as Arcade Fire (that new song is also great!)? And to love 80s punk such as the Descendants, Husker Du, the Minutemen, et al but also the synth-leaning work of, say, early New Order?
No. It's not ok. I just can't allow it, as your question is probably some disingenuous ploy to usurp my spot on Analog Mountain. Sorry.

If God wanted synths, he wouldn't have created a world full of instruments that AREN'T the sound equivalent of loose stool caused by ingesting too much Yellow-5.