Music talk Thread

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Jocephus
99% conan clips

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by Jocephus »

Best Buy To Pull CDs From Its Stores, According To Report
https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way ... -to-report

i do still prefer a cd. or at least, having the hard copy version.

pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Post by pioneer98 »

3/4 of the original Pumpkins are reuniting for a tour this summer. They couldn't get D'arcy. Oh well. It's the Shiny and Oh So Bright Tour.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/smashingpum ... e_internal

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

cant decide if i want to go or not.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

Jocephus wrote:

I still have most of my CDs - we sold some of them on decluttr.com for pennies on the dollar in preparation for our move. Then the move happened sooner than planned and the rest came with us. I’m not sure what to do. I do enjoy having them. I play them when I work out - it’s nice listening to full albums without distraction. The kid is nudging me toward Spotify. I get it - easy to share (like ghost is doing in the cover tourney). But I have frickin’ 24K songs in my iTunes library. I guess the smart thing to do is not buy any more music and make the switch. Paying $10/month for Spotify vs $10/album just makes too much sense. Old habits die hard though - knowing me I’ll probably end up doing both. :?

Gashouse
Perennial All-Star

Post by Gashouse »

Bought tickets tonight to see Bobby McFerrin at a jazz club in Minneapolis. He's playing a 4-night set. We grabbed tickets for the late show on Wed, so we got front row seats at a discount.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

Gashouse wrote:Bought tickets tonight to see Bobby McFerrin at a jazz club in Minneapolis. He's playing a 4-night set. We grabbed tickets for the late show on Wed, so we got front row seats at a discount.
Don't worry - be happy!

Tim
Consider him admonished

Post by Tim »

Stone Temple Pilots has a new album released today. I have heard about half of it and it is actually pretty good. They got a lead singer from one of those TV talent shows.

Meanwhile, earlier this week, Pearl Jam released a new song, Can't Deny Me. Predictably it is an anti-Trump song. It is just terrible. It may be the worst song that they've ever produced. It isn't the subject matter, but rather Vedder's vocals. I think they are finally completely shot.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

That new Pearl Jam song is awful.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Radbird wrote:
Jocephus wrote:

I still have most of my CDs - we sold some of them on decluttr.com for pennies on the dollar in preparation for our move. Then the move happened sooner than planned and the rest came with us. I’m not sure what to do. I do enjoy having them. I play them when I work out - it’s nice listening to full albums without distraction. The kid is nudging me toward Spotify. I get it - easy to share (like ghost is doing in the cover tourney). But I have frickin’ 24K songs in my iTunes library. I guess the smart thing to do is not buy any more music and make the switch. Paying $10/month for Spotify vs $10/album just makes too much sense. Old habits die hard though - knowing me I’ll probably end up doing both. :?
i'm definitely struggling to adjust.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

I moved to google music a few years ago and I haven't looked back. It is a great way to find new music and a fun way listen to old stuff you vaguely remember. Since subscribing I've also started listening to classical and ambient music at work which I find to be very helpful.