GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently September 19 19, 6:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Fishing
PostPosted: November 26 07, 9:43 am 
Offline
Fringe Major League Player

Joined: February 10 07, 1:11 pm
Posts: 100
No rod or reel needed. There are so many in St. Louis that the Zoo is looking into using them to feed the animals.

http://www.livevideo.com/video/sm0ky/7B ... d-asi.aspx


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fishing
PostPosted: November 26 07, 10:24 am 
Offline
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Joined: May 1 06, 2:41 pm
Posts: 50681
It's a disaster. The things breed multiple times per year, can live in anything, and have no natural predator.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fishing
PostPosted: November 26 07, 10:27 am 
Offline
bronoun enthusiast
User avatar

Joined: April 14 06, 10:45 pm
Posts: 28443
Location: extremely online
jim wrote:
It's a disaster. The things breed multiple times per year, can live in anything, and have no natural predator.

Tell that to the ones living in the pond on the golf course next to my parent's house. My little brother is the scourge of the fish in that pond.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fishing
PostPosted: November 26 07, 10:35 am 
Offline
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Joined: May 1 06, 2:41 pm
Posts: 50681
thrill wrote:
jim wrote:
It's a disaster. The things breed multiple times per year, can live in anything, and have no natural predator.

Tell that to the ones living in the pond on the golf course next to my parent's house. My little brother is the scourge of the fish in that pond.


Asian carp? Your garden variety carp can overtake a small pond as well. I am probably one of the few people that I know that actually pursues the fish from time to time with a fly rod. Depending on what they are doing, they are either very catchable or completely uncatchable. When they are in groups sticking their snouts out of the water sipping off the surface but ignoring my fly, I will go to a more basic approach which basically involves finding a suitable sized stone and showing off my old catchers arm. I've stung a few that way, and think that being on a golf course your brother might be able to collect some golf balls which might just be the perfect tool for such an activity.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fishing
PostPosted: November 26 07, 10:42 am 
Offline
bronoun enthusiast
User avatar

Joined: April 14 06, 10:45 pm
Posts: 28443
Location: extremely online
jim wrote:
thrill wrote:
jim wrote:
It's a disaster. The things breed multiple times per year, can live in anything, and have no natural predator.

Tell that to the ones living in the pond on the golf course next to my parent's house. My little brother is the scourge of the fish in that pond.


Asian carp? Your garden variety carp can overtake a small pond as well. I am probably one of the few people that I know that actually pursues the fish from time to time with a fly rod. Depending on what they are doing, they are either very catchable or completely uncatchable. When they are in groups sticking their snouts out of the water sipping off the surface but ignoring my fly, I will go to a more basic approach which basically involves finding a suitable sized stone and showing off my old catchers arm. I've stung a few that way, and think that being on a golf course your brother might be able to collect some golf balls which might just be the perfect tool for such an activity.

He's got a really long net he uses.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fishing
PostPosted: November 26 07, 10:52 am 
Offline
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Joined: May 1 06, 2:41 pm
Posts: 50681
thrill wrote:
jim wrote:
thrill wrote:
jim wrote:
It's a disaster. The things breed multiple times per year, can live in anything, and have no natural predator.

Tell that to the ones living in the pond on the golf course next to my parent's house. My little brother is the scourge of the fish in that pond.


Asian carp? Your garden variety carp can overtake a small pond as well. I am probably one of the few people that I know that actually pursues the fish from time to time with a fly rod. Depending on what they are doing, they are either very catchable or completely uncatchable. When they are in groups sticking their snouts out of the water sipping off the surface but ignoring my fly, I will go to a more basic approach which basically involves finding a suitable sized stone and showing off my old catchers arm. I've stung a few that way, and think that being on a golf course your brother might be able to collect some golf balls which might just be the perfect tool for such an activity.

He's got a really long net he uses.


Does he eat the fish? Not a fan of carp myself, when I do catch one I will try to give it away if someone is around. If that fails, it's a whack on the head and a toss in the brush. The raccoons and coyotes will appreciate it later.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fishing
PostPosted: November 26 07, 10:53 am 
Offline
bronoun enthusiast
User avatar

Joined: April 14 06, 10:45 pm
Posts: 28443
Location: extremely online
jim wrote:
thrill wrote:
jim wrote:
thrill wrote:
jim wrote:
It's a disaster. The things breed multiple times per year, can live in anything, and have no natural predator.

Tell that to the ones living in the pond on the golf course next to my parent's house. My little brother is the scourge of the fish in that pond.


Asian carp? Your garden variety carp can overtake a small pond as well. I am probably one of the few people that I know that actually pursues the fish from time to time with a fly rod. Depending on what they are doing, they are either very catchable or completely uncatchable. When they are in groups sticking their snouts out of the water sipping off the surface but ignoring my fly, I will go to a more basic approach which basically involves finding a suitable sized stone and showing off my old catchers arm. I've stung a few that way, and think that being on a golf course your brother might be able to collect some golf balls which might just be the perfect tool for such an activity.

He's got a really long net he uses.


Does he eat the fish? Not a fan of carp myself, when I do catch one I will try to give it away if someone is around. If that fails, it's a whack on the head and a toss in the brush. The raccoons and coyotes will appreciate it later.

Honestly I have no idea what he does. There are tons of coyotes around the course so maybe they get them.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fishing
PostPosted: August 1 19, 9:01 pm 
Offline
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Joined: September 4 07, 1:48 pm
Posts: 24278
Location: St. Louis
Asian carp roundup at Barkley Dam


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fishing
PostPosted: August 1 19, 9:53 pm 
Offline
darjeeling sipping elite
User avatar

Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
Posts: 36885
Location: Huis Clos
Freed Roger wrote:

Should used a bigger net. That looked super time consuming.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fishing
PostPosted: August 2 19, 10:29 am 
Offline
Sucking on the Rally Nipple
User avatar

Joined: April 16 06, 6:03 pm
Posts: 21509
Location: Chicago
Freed Roger wrote:


Holy moly.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group