GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently September 19 19, 6:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Fishing
PostPosted: November 26 07, 9:43 am 
Fringe Major League Player

No rod or reel needed. There are so many in St. Louis that the Zoo is looking into using them to feed the animals.

http://www.livevideo.com/video/sm0ky/7B ... d-asi.aspx

Post subject: Re: Fishing
PostPosted: November 26 07, 10:24 am 
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

It's a disaster. The things breed multiple times per year, can live in anything, and have no natural predator.

PostPosted: November 26 07, 10:27 am 
bronoun enthusiast

jim wrote:
It's a disaster. The things breed multiple times per year, can live in anything, and have no natural predator.

Tell that to the ones living in the pond on the golf course next to my parent's house. My little brother is the scourge of the fish in that pond.

PostPosted: November 26 07, 10:35 am 

thrill wrote:
jim wrote:

Tell that to the ones living in the pond on the golf course next to my parent's house. My little brother is the scourge of the fish in that pond.

Asian carp? Your garden variety carp can overtake a small pond as well. I am probably one of the few people that I know that actually pursues the fish from time to time with a fly rod. Depending on what they are doing, they are either very catchable or completely uncatchable. When they are in groups sticking their snouts out of the water sipping off the surface but ignoring my fly, I will go to a more basic approach which basically involves finding a suitable sized stone and showing off my old catchers arm. I've stung a few that way, and think that being on a golf course your brother might be able to collect some golf balls which might just be the perfect tool for such an activity.

PostPosted: November 26 07, 10:42 am 
bronoun enthusiast

jim wrote:
thrill wrote:
jim wrote:

Asian carp? Your garden variety carp can overtake a small pond as well. I am probably one of the few people that I know that actually pursues the fish from time to time with a fly rod. Depending on what they are doing, they are either very catchable or completely uncatchable. When they are in groups sticking their snouts out of the water sipping off the surface but ignoring my fly, I will go to a more basic approach which basically involves finding a suitable sized stone and showing off my old catchers arm. I've stung a few that way, and think that being on a golf course your brother might be able to collect some golf balls which might just be the perfect tool for such an activity.

He's got a really long net he uses.

PostPosted: November 26 07, 10:52 am 

thrill wrote:
jim wrote:
thrill wrote:
jim wrote:

Does he eat the fish? Not a fan of carp myself, when I do catch one I will try to give it away if someone is around. If that fails, it's a whack on the head and a toss in the brush. The raccoons and coyotes will appreciate it later.

PostPosted: November 26 07, 10:53 am 
bronoun enthusiast

jim wrote:
thrill wrote:
jim wrote:
thrill wrote:
jim wrote:

Does he eat the fish? Not a fan of carp myself, when I do catch one I will try to give it away if someone is around. If that fails, it's a whack on the head and a toss in the brush. The raccoons and coyotes will appreciate it later.

Honestly I have no idea what he does. There are tons of coyotes around the course so maybe they get them.

PostPosted: August 1 19, 9:01 pm 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Asian carp roundup at Barkley Dam

PostPosted: August 1 19, 9:53 pm 
darjeeling sipping elite

Freed Roger wrote:

Should used a bigger net. That looked super time consuming.

PostPosted: August 2 19, 10:29 am 
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Freed Roger wrote:

Holy moly.