Breakfast in STL

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Re: Breakfast in STL

Post by Freed Roger »

lukethedrifter wrote:
Freed Roger wrote:Really enjoyed breakfast at the little place called Sweet Art's on our inaugaral visit.

http://sweetartstl.com/index2.php?v=v1

Mainly bakery and coffee, but has several breakfast items on weekends. Not a mega breakfast place, but we had an excellent breakfast. Vegan -so no bacon, but you won't go hungry here (enroute -stopped by and got some G&W jerky for my meat fix).

This place getting crowded with bourgeois foodies is probable. Sorry to Drifter and locals
Huge fan. They made our wedding cakes. Great people. Incredible food despite being a veggie place. One major downside is that they keep changing hours. Too limited.
Create demand by limiting supply? Just kidding ...sort of. Fortunatley you could go somewhere else not far off.

The breakfast place my wife run in semi-retirement in some great locale will have the gone hikin sign up quite a bit

Freed Roger

Post by Freed Roger »

The brunch at Home Wine Kitchen is super good. Too bad it's only once a week -not enough with so many food bourgeios looking for good cooking at the lower cost of breakfast.

the cinnamon bread should be on that best dishes in STL list-even though this poor pic makes it look like gravy train...

They have this thing they put on a breakfast sandwich called bacon jam.
Then there is the Duck Hash...I've said to much
Last edited by Freed Roger on December 13 12, 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Started with an Irish Stout at Bottleworks then over to home for Duck Hash and Chicken and Waffles. Delicious.

Freed Roger

Post by Freed Roger »

Group of 6 going to Rams game at noon. Any suggestions on somewhere to grab breakfast and a beer? Somewhere we can get in, and not interfere too much with foodies and the church crowd. Doesn't necessarily have to be downtown, just on the way there. Hammerstones?

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Freed Roger wrote:Group of 6 going to Rams game at noon. Any suggestions on somewhere to grab breakfast and a beer? Somewhere we can get in, and not interfere too much with foodies and the church crowd. Doesn't necessarily have to be downtown, just on the way there. Hammerstones?
The Dubliner. Get the Full Irish and a Guinness.

Freed Roger

Post by Freed Roger »

lukethedrifter wrote:
Freed Roger wrote:Group of 6 going to Rams game at noon. Any suggestions on somewhere to grab breakfast and a beer? Somewhere we can get in, and not interfere too much with foodies and the church crowd. Doesn't necessarily have to be downtown, just on the way there. Hammerstones?
The Dubliner. Get the Full Irish and a Guinness.
Thanks. I see they open at 10am, - so works well.

And BTW, you probably already know this....Tower Grove - Local Harvest Cafe has a pretty good breakfast, espec. on weekends. Also, pretty good lunch and dinner.

haltz
Hall Of Famer

Post by haltz »

Rosemary waffles and chicken confit at Home. Good, but the balsamic gravy was overpoweringly sweet. Service was excellent.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

haltz wrote:Rosemary waffles and chicken confit at Home. Good, but the balsamic gravy was overpoweringly sweet. Service was excellent.
Was reading about confit in Harold McGee's book last night. What did you do?

haltz
Hall Of Famer

Post by haltz »

Home Wine Kitchen in Maplewood. Didn't realize that part of the conversation a few posts up is ten months old.

Which McGee book? I haven't read either one, but I understand he's an original science of food guy.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

haltz wrote:Home Wine Kitchen in Maplewood. Didn't realize that part of the conversation a few posts up is ten months old.

Which McGee book? I haven't read either one, but I understand he's an original science of food guy.
ah... Home. I thought you meant home.