The Trayvon Martin shooting

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

The Trayvon Martin shooting

Post by heyzeus »

planet planet
http://tinyurl.com/2e4x5hy

Re: The Trayvon Martin shooting

Post by planet planet »

How can he possibly say it was self defense when the guy full on chases him through the neighborhood? And not following standard procedure by testing Zimmerman for drugs/alcohol was definitely negligent.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

Not at least arresting him was negligent. Maybe he can prove it was self defense. Maybe it was - maybe he was attacked. We don't know. All we know right now is a guy called the police and said "hey, i don't like the looks of this black kid walking down my street." And then he went outside and shot that kid.

greenback44
Hall Of Famer

Post by greenback44 »

A little more detail here:

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/0 ... ?mobile=nc

The part about him calling police 46 times over the last year... either he lives in a bad neighborhood, or his neurosis/psychosis made this outcome almost inevitable.

cards2468
Hall Of Famer

Post by cards2468 »

Jesus. Yea, something definitely isn't right here. I don't know if I'm more concerned with Zimmerman being free or the police still being in charge.

planet planet
http://tinyurl.com/2e4x5hy

Post by planet planet »

Listening to the 911 calls is haunting. Just awful. No wonder his parents couldn't sit through them.

Spider John
Hall Of Famer

Post by Spider John »

greenback44 wrote:A little more detail here:

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/0 ... ?mobile=nc

The part about him calling police 46 times over the last year... either he lives in a bad neighborhood, or his neurosis/psychosis made this outcome almost inevitable.
Yeah, I get the feeling this guy is living with his parents, has some issues, and too much time on his hands. The police dept has some serious issues also. As someone said, (his mother maybe), if the teen had been the one to do the shooting then he would have been arrested immediately. I hope the outcry continues, and this isn't allowed to fade away.

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

I hadn't read or heard much about this before hearing a 911 call from one of the neighbors on a radio news report. You hear Trayvon scream and then a gunshot. It was horrible and depressing as hell.

Hooray for the ubiquity of guns in our society making it more likely that something like this can happen!

/flamed

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Post by jim »

G. Keenan wrote:I hadn't read or heard much about this before hearing a 911 call from one of the neighbors on a radio news report. You hear Trayvon scream and then a gunshot. It was horrible and depressing as hell.

Hooray for the ubiquity of guns in our society making it more likely that something like this can happen!

/flamed
Guns don't kill people, bullets do.

Seriously this is incomprehensibly sad.

Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.

Post by Leroy »

I don't know if I want to live in a world in which we get all over a guy simply for being a good shot.