The Asshat Thread

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Re: The Asshat Thread

Post by pioneer98 »

This is the New York Times and not the Onion. The CEO of Mylan (maker of the Epipen) has told everyone concerned with price gouging sick children to go [expletive] themselves.

Outcry Over EpiPen Prices Hasn’t Made Them Lower
In meetings, the executives began warning Mylan’s top leaders that the price increases seemed like unethical profiteering at the expense of sick children and adults, according to people who participated in the conversations. Over the next 16 months, those internal warnings were repeatedly aired. At one gathering, executives shared their concerns with Mylan’s chairman, Robert Coury.

Mr. Coury replied that he was untroubled. He raised both his middle fingers and explained, using colorful language, that anyone criticizing Mylan, including its employees, ought to go copulate with themselves. Critics in Congress and on Wall Street, he said, should do the same. And regulators at the Food and Drug Administration? They, too, deserved a round of anatomically challenging self-fulfillment.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

And this type of person is why regulations get put in place in the first place. Asshats who don't care about anything or anybody except their own bank account and will happily screw the rest of us over.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

I want to think this is fake, but if it's not, my friendship would end right then and there.

http://www.slate.com/articles/life/dear ... _exes.html
My husband’s best friend, “John,” was the best man/officiant. The setting was beautiful, everyone seemed happy, our families were overjoyed. My mom may have used the phrase hallelujah a few dozen times. The entire atmosphere felt moving. So moving in fact that John stopped midceremony to propose to his longtime girlfriend, “Jane,” and reveal her pregnancy. I couldn’t even hear the vows my husband wrote or the rest of the ceremony over the noise of Jane’s happy sobs, her very surprised family who were also guests, and people seated nearby congratulating her. Even the videographer cut to her frequently during the ceremony, and you can’t hear anything over the chatter. John even went out of his way to ask the band for a special dance for just him and Jane on the dance floor.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Post by Famous Mortimer »

lukethedrifter wrote:https://www.statter911.com/2017/06/06/m ... on-camera/

Might be a thread winner
According to an interview, she thinks her drink was spiked. That's the real-life equivalent of saying someone hacked your Twitter account.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Ha she worked for our sister station

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

Famous Mortimer wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:https://www.statter911.com/2017/06/06/m ... on-camera/

Might be a thread winner
According to an interview, she thinks her drink was spiked. That's the real-life equivalent of saying someone hacked your Twitter account.

Reminds me of this Onion video.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

Where was that Hurricane Ashley video last month when the timing would have been perfect? I had never seen that before today. That was brilliant... and spot on. I've known a few girls that fit that pattern easily. Although it is a lot more rare as we get older.

A couple of months ago I did have the pleasure of having an email forwarded to me where a friend was questioning a rather large cab fare on her card considering she woke up in another friend's apartment not even 100 yards from the bar she last remembered being at. The cab company's response that was forwarded to me was hilarious. Apparently her and another girl had moved to another bar and as they were leaving there to walk back to the apartment where they woke up (the one friend's brother's place) a cop saw them and flagged down a cab to put them in. They then had the driver take them to the Central West End. However as they were getting there they changed their mind and had the cab take them to Washington Ave. Of course they changed their mind again and finally had the cab take them back to the apartment where they woke up in Soulard. They took a tour of the city in a cab and remembered nothing. They didn't even remember where they were when they got picked up, much less the cop putting them in the cab or anything else. The fact that they were drunk enough that they remembered none of it and ended up in a car with a stranger driving around town is scary and stupid but I love that the cab company contacted the driver who told the entire story which the company relayed back to them. She didn't dispute the charge.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

Trump wannabee Martin Skreli guilty of securities fraud
https://apnews.com/440dc0bb5b464b1dbd8a ... _medium=AP

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

Some of the comments made trying to seat a jury for the Martin Skreli trial are great. One potential juror said Skreli just looks like a dick. Another said he hates him and wouldn't want himself on the jury if he were trying to defend Skreli.

My favorite juror has to be the one who threw in one last comment after being dismissed. They commented, "And he disrespected the Wu-Tang Clan." That's awesome.