Stock Market Talk

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Re: Stock Market Talk

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

What company are you talking about?

pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Post by pioneer98 »

Spoke too soon....CRAY is up 21.7% today now, 36.6% since I bought it.

pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Post by pioneer98 »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:What company are you talking about?
XONE is the ticker symbol...The ExOne Company...another 3D printing company that had an IPO a few months back.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3

SSYS, another 3D printing company has been doing well. They hit their earnings (actually beat by 0.01) yesterday and announced Makerbot would be profitable by end of 2014. Microsoft is going to be putting them in stores or something like that. Further, revenue beat by 20 M or so. Stock shot up 14% today. Big day.

BOFI beat and essentially said on their conference call they have high quality people/businesses lined up for loans that they could 1. give out, sell for a profit and retain the fees or 2. keep and profit. Further, their revenue beat. They're targeting depositors who will originate loans and not just take out CDs. They don't use LIBOR but a spread, so rising rates help them be more competitive (IDK how this works) I don't know what the guidance was, but they were up 5% yesterday on the press release in the morning and 6% today after the conference call. I closed out 10 call contracts today for just under 2000% profit. I love me some BOFI.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3

KKD held their earnings call this morning or yesterday after COB. They are getting absolutely demolished. I think down about 15% despite revenue beating. They were off 0.02$ on eps, at $0.12 instead of the expected $0.14. Still, same store sales were up > 10% and Revenue was up >10% y/y.

Their call options are mostly selling below a volatility of 40 as well...which seems...cheap.

letsgocards89
Perennial All-Star

Post by letsgocards89 »

What magazines/websites are ya'll reading or podcasts are you listening to for education, analysis, and tips?

AWvsCBsteeeerike3

The economist magazine for macro views. Seeking alpha is a pretty decent website/app for education, analysis and tips.

If you're looking for tips, though, be very careful. Stock gumshoe is a website that will take all the teaser advertisements (where they tell you why a stock is about to go up/down but don't tell you what stock it is without a fee) from firms like the motley fool, stansberry investments, etc and tell you what stock they are actually saying will go up/down.

Analysis is kind of....fickle. So, be wary of anything you read. All companies on their website have an investor relations tab that has all the latest information as well. Earnings calls are always a real blast to listen to.

pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Post by pioneer98 »

Somebody Stole 7 milliseconds from the Federal Reserve
Last Wednesday, the Fed announced that it would not be tapering its bond buying program. This news was released at precisely 2 p.m. in Washington "as measured by the national atomic clock." It takes seven milliseconds for this information to get to Chicago. However, several huge orders that were based on the Fed's decision were placed on Chicago exchanges two to three milliseconds after 2 p.m. How did this happen?

letsgocards89
Perennial All-Star

Post by letsgocards89 »

They need to hurry up and end this gov't shutdown. I'm losing thousands!! (of cents)

letsgocards89
Perennial All-Star

Post by letsgocards89 »

3-D printing is where it's at. DDD alone is keeping my numbers green. I think I missed the boat on ONVO and VJET though.