Podcasts

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Re: Podcasts

Post by thrill »

If you aren't listening to the best podcast in baseball, you should.

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Post by jim »

thrill wrote:If you aren't listening to the best podcast in baseball, you should.
I did for a while, I just have a hard time fitting it in. Maybe I'll try again. How often to they publish?

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

jim wrote:
thrill wrote:If you aren't listening to the best podcast in baseball, you should.
I did for a while, I just have a hard time fitting it in. Maybe I'll try again. How often to they publish?
I think around once a week during the season.

MrSaigon

Post by MrSaigon »

My favorite right now is Hollywood Handbook on Earwolf. You do have to buy into the characters the hosts are portraying, and sometimes I wonder if everyone, including myself, should find it annoying. I don't. If you're interested in discussions of pilot season and writer's rooms and that kind of thing, they operate in that space a lot but never with any level of sincerity, ever.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Paul F Tompkins has a new podcast coming out on Earwolf.

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Post by Famous Mortimer »

I listen to em every day walking to and from work, plus any other time I can cram in.

"The Bugle" (co-featuring John Oliver, off of HBO) is superb, and you get him telling a longer version of the story of how Ecuador's president hates him, for instance.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Famous Mortimer wrote:"The Bugle" (co-featuring John Oliver, off of HBO) is superb, and you get him telling a longer version of the story of how Ecuador's president hates him, for instance.
I think this was the first podcast I ever listened to back in like, 2008, or something. Shout out to geen geenan for the recommendation.

MrSaigon

Post by MrSaigon »

TED Radio Hour (on NPR as well) is great. They string together a bunch of TED talks that I'd never have time (or, likely, interest) to hear all of on a single subject. Good stuff. Also a good way to screen out TED Talks to watch.

MrSaigon

Post by MrSaigon »

Just learned of this:

http://www.panoply.fm/shows

JoeMcKim
Perennial All-Star

Post by JoeMcKim »

I watch the AMC Movie Talk podcast every afternoon to get my fill on movie news and talk.