Your 2012 Playoff Superstitions

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Re: Your 2012 Playoff Superstitions

Post by lukethedrifter »

I would never normally order playoff gear but the 2019 hoodie is really nice, so i did. Oops.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

When it gets real serious, I will turn on the KMOX to listen while watching. Of course, it drives my wife or whoever else is in the room batty.

Cardinal games on radio were soundtrack of my youth, and airwaves communicate with my Cardinal fan ancestors. It was this set up where I heard Freese's triple and nearly bit my tongue off to contain myself until it showed on TV and I could blow up.

I also have a great Cardinal stein I inherited from my passed Aunt-Cardinal Kathy -if a double/triple down is needed.

Paging JL- my using the 2012 version of this thread might be bad juju

Freed Roger

Post by Freed Roger »

haltz wrote:
Freed Roger wrote:I noticed this during Blues playoff run, and it worked again today. I don't alter schedule to watch the game. I proceed with a normal day, like go to gym or a run after work.....and then just pick up what is left of the game when I get home
I was thinking about this when I had to work today. Showed up around 3pm and caught bits and pieces on the only TV in the building in the kitchen instead of hanging on every pitch like I did with my day off on Sunday. Luckily I have to go in again on Wednesday.
I just got home, how's this game going? :wink:

Enjoyed that drive home. Got to hear Shannon, then switching it with the lag and hear it again from Berman. (Who was hoarse already)
Last edited by Freed Roger on October 9 19, 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Freed Roger wrote:
haltz wrote:
Freed Roger wrote:I noticed this during Blues playoff run, and it worked again today. I don't alter schedule to watch the game. I proceed with a normal day, like go to gym or a run after work.....and then just pick up what is left of the game when I get home
I was thinking about this when I had to work today. Showed up around 3pm and caught bits and pieces on the only TV in the building in the kitchen instead of hanging on every pitch like I did with my day off on Sunday. Luckily I have to go in again on Wednesday.
I'm naked

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Only one of us went to Stan the Man’s hometown this season. If we win it’s on me.

Freed Roger

Post by Freed Roger »

lukethedrifter wrote:Only one of us went to Stan the Man’s hometown this season. If we win it’s on me.
That write-up was great. Where is it?

haltz
Hall Of Famer

Post by haltz »

Freed Roger wrote:
haltz wrote:
I was peacefully polishing wine glasses and someone would walk out of the kitchen every few minutes and say "one-nothing," "the new pitcher just walked Flaherty," "nine-nothing," etc. It was great.

I work Friday, Saturday, and Monday so things are looking good.