Legalizing marijuana

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!

If marijuana was legalized, would you be more likely to use?

Yes
31%
No
47%
I already do
22%

Total votes: 68

Indu WangZi
Everyday Player

Re: Legalizing marijuana

Post by Indu WangZi »

HS...college...up until my mid 30's...I was a big, big fan. Much rather get baked than drunk..ok, both actually, but loved to smoke.

I only rarely do it anymore...only certain strains would make me paranoid...certain strains would make me relax/tired...certain strains would light me afire. Back then, I had no idea what strain was which...just happy if I didnt get some garbolian that was mostly stems and seeds.

Now...they have strain maps...and can prescribe the strain that might be best for you or a situation. It's amazing how far its come in a short amount of time. I remember the 80's fondly and riding around in my car with my buddies and our greatest fear was getting pulled over while we were baked.

A few years ago I was in Denver on business...a great city, by the way. Went to a dispensary and bought a few pre-rolled (about 5) and some gummies, toffee chewables and gum drops. I had one of the pre-rolled and mistakenly I smoked about 3/4 of it...and holy jesus...I was catatonic. I stumbled back to my hotel and passed out.

As for the gummies...I was flying from Denver to Dallas to Hong Kong...and was looking at a 24hour+ trip with all the waits and things. It's about 7am and the flight is leaving at 8:30am...so I decide to eat one toffee chewable. Now...I know it takes time to kick in, so I waited for about 30-40 minutes...nothing. Decide to take 2 more...just in case.

The flight to Dallas ends up being cancelled because the plane had a problem...there must have been 200 people and they were all going ape [expletive]. I was worried about my connecting flight to Dallas as I had to get back to Hong Kong...but, I didnt really want to wait in that massive line and the gummies had more than kicked in. I wondered around the airport for about 20 minutes trying to figure out what I was going to do.

Now...I'm an experienced flyer and normally would have known exactly what to do, but this was my first time taking too many gummies and being in a new airport. As I am walking around...I think I hear my name being called...I think to myself...man, you're too baked and took too many gummies. So, I continue aimlessly walking around thinking what to do. Then, I hear my name again...this time, I was certain it wasnt in my heard. Sure enough, I was being paged and told to report to the American Airlines lounge.

I went up to the Lounge...and the AA receptionist asks where have i been and why I didnt go there straight away to get the issue resolved. I have a executive platinum status on One World and they were shocked I didnt come straight to them to resolve. They said that there was no way to get me to Dallas in time to make my connecting flight on American to Hong Kong, so they re-routed me to Chicago and then from Chicago to Hong Kong on Cathay Pacific (which is my preferred and favourite airline). I had business class on the entire route, so they upgraded me to First Class on the Chicago to HK leg...that's 16 hours.

That was an amazing day...and the last time I ate edibles.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

=D> =D> =D>

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

Moral of the story... eat more edibles. Like every day, 24 hours a day for the best life ever!!!

At least that's what I'm taking out of the story. As always, YMMV.

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

Edibles, properly dosed, are highly effective and making plane rides awesome.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

I am hereby commissioning a GRB sub-forum consisting of nothing but Indu WangZi's misadventures with cannabis.

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

Maaaaaaaaaann I want to travel with Indu!!

JoeMcKim
Perennial All-Star

Post by JoeMcKim »

I have no interest in smoking anything let alone pot and not because of a moral high ground. I just don't see the point of it. But I definitely believe that people who want to smoke it should have every right to do so. Getting high has never been something that ever interested me but different strokes for different folks.

Indu WangZi
Everyday Player

Post by Indu WangZi »

I could tell you about the misadventures I had in Cambodia after eating a "happy pizza" and going to the killing fields. Let's just say...not a great idea being extra baked wondering around there.

Me on a deep sea fishing boat on the Andaman sea after doing a few bong hits below deck to decide to take a swim in the sea...and then encounter two sharks in the water...fortunately, they were blacktip reef sharks and are pretty docile. Yeah, I freaked out.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

If Terry's friend had left the mids at home and brought the gas, he would be alive today. Don't bring ditch weed to the holidays, folks. Bring the good stuff.