Legalizing marijuana

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!

If marijuana was legalized, would you be more likely to use?

Yes
31%
No
47%
I already do
22%

Total votes: 68

Schlich
Don't tone police me bro!

Re: Legalizing marijuana

Post by Schlich »

cardsfansince82 wrote:20 signatures? Really? I thought I had read Show Me Cannabis already had enough and then just never heard anymore.
They turned in more than enough but after review by the SoS came up 20 short in CD2.

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Post by Famous Mortimer »

That's a shame, for all Missourians who don't want tons o' pills, anyway. Sorry to ask another complicated question, but does anyone know how early it could be put on another ballot / referendum / whatever?

Schlich

Post by Schlich »

Famous Mortimer wrote:That's a shame, for all Missourians who don't want tons o' pills, anyway. Sorry to ask another complicated question, but does anyone know how early it could be put on another ballot / referendum / whatever?
I'm sure it will be on the 2018 ballot.

JoeMcKim
Perennial All-Star

Post by JoeMcKim »

I have no interest whatsoever in toking up myself. But it really should be legal just so that the state can tax them and make money of of it. And it should remain illegal for non licensed people to sell it. So these low lifes who sell weed instead of working for a living will have to get a real job since no one is going to be buy it from them anymore now that they can buy it from worthwhile licensed sellers.

Schlich

Post by Schlich »

JoeMcKim wrote:I have no interest whatsoever in toking up myself. But it really should be legal just so that the state can tax them and make money of of it. And it should remain illegal for non licensed people to sell it. So these low lifes who sell weed instead of working for a living will have to get a real job since no one is going to be buy it from them anymore now that they can buy it from worthwhile licensed sellers.
Lol, yeah, my weed dealer getting his law degree is such a low life. Get a real job, man!

:P

haltz
Hall Of Famer

Post by haltz »

Last edited by haltz on November 11 16, 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

haltz
Hall Of Famer

Post by haltz »

So these low lifes who sell weed instead of working for a living will have to get a real job since no one is going to be buy it from them anymore now that they can buy it from worthwhile licensed sellers.
The people that really make a living off of it are actually working, harvesting and selling to dispensaries. Probably paying taxes.

Some of it goes out the back door and is sold on the black market and smuggled or shipped into states like Missouri. This takes work and logistics and money and product.

At that point no one that touches it is really making money. You'll get 120 $50 bags off of a $3,000 lb. Moving that in a month nets you a whopping $3,000 profit and good luck when everyone and their mom sells the [expletive]. Even if you by some chance know that many people that actually come to you first once a month that's a pain in the ass and it's not some great living.

Most people that smoke buy more and most people that are front line dealers buy less than the example above so the margin actually drops. For most "dealers" I know it's more of a way to smoke for free or a little bit of a side income. There's a fairly legit operation then transport and then hobbyists who likely have full time jobs otherwise.

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Post by Famous Mortimer »

People were collecting signatures at the International Womens Day demonstration today, and being very careful about how you signed it, given the problems that were had last time. Good luck to the people at http://show-mecannabis.com/

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

Anybody try the CBD products? Any feedback to share?

I saw you can have it in coffee.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Pretty sure it’s snake oil. Sure it’ll make your snake shiny but will it really give you better gas mileage?